• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even considering that the pressure is likely overdone a bit and this is still far out in advance and we could still see a lot of shifting, this hurricane is looking scary. They called Harvey a historical event, Irma might be a historical event for the places it hits.

Also, did anyone else notice that the 0z GFS has Irma a sub 900mb over land? Tell the GFS that hurricanes don't strengthen over land. lol. That has to be an error.

Something to ponder, if the ULL doesn't form and capture Irma, it could drift from one end of the GOM to the other. All steering would die.

output_l_DNi2_I.gif

So its showing it 973 mb in extreme North GA. Has a tropical system ever stayed over land for 800 miles and still have a pressure that low ?
I'm gonna easily guess not likely on share MB pressure levels that's still a Cat 1 or low Cat 2 Hurricane... right?

Man, this storm is creeping so too close to comfort.......hopefully these models will shift back east but this westward shift is alarming for sure.

After all, my first prediction map I drew up 2-3 days ago may be right after all.
P.S. I'm not bragging, I'm happy that my prediction map may come true)
1ea94c97f03a58f5bbd371a2bd2a3078.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ.

Moving due wnw and coming close to Cuba. I'm not even gonna comment on the insane pressure, it's been a dead horse at this point.
hmon_mslp_wind_11L_43.png

Ryan Maue(sp?) says the new GFS shows about 40 mb lower on those than it should, but even at that it would be a cat 5

He is correct. There are factors that aren't taken in to account per model visualization/parameters. Still. Cat 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back