• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

That would be a category 2 hurricane with a bonified eyewall still coming straight through here. Likely wrong but there's a lot of model runs with this track and intensity ranging from tropical storm to cat 2 still in strength this far inland.
Highly unlikely as dry air from the west moves into the core.

Goodness I go for a short run and look what happens lol. I see Shane cleaned it up for us, come on everyone keep it on topic, no snarky comments, no wishcasting or wishcasting accusations and add as much context to post as possible (try to stay away from the one liner stuff). Thanks

rbtop-animated.gif

I'm just floored at how we have 4 hurricane models, ALIGNED, with path and crazy low pressure and the most warning we give people is 115 mph with confusion on the map. I'm usually a fan of NHC and maybe they know something I don't know that makes them ignore aligned models.

I'm just floored at how we have 4 hurricane models, ALIGNED, with path and crazy low pressure and the most warning we give people is 115 mph with confusion on the map. I'm usually a fan of NHC and maybe they know something I don't know that makes them ignore aligned models.
It’s a fine line. We don’t have a developed storm yet. If they predict a cat 5 hurricane into Florida and then it busts, they lose.

The nhc says they are being conservative. I think they are on par

It’s a fine line. We don’t have a developed storm yet. If they predict a cat 5 hurricane into Florida and then it busts, they lose.

The nhc says they are being conservative. I think they are on par
I guess their reputation is more important than warning south georgia that has cat4 coming head on.....for another day....we will see how this works out for them.

hwrf_ref_09L_22.png

Back