• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

fl_sea_sfc_temps.jpg

TCHP.jpg

"The track guidance is very tightly
clustered, which would normally imply high forecast confidence.
However, depending on exactly where the center forms could end up
shifting the entire guidance suite in future cycles, so it is
imperative to not focus on specific landfall locations this far in
the future."
this is really important. i don't know how many of you sickos have a permanent tab on the vis open like i do but this thing just ejected an LLC from the central dense overcast. It's still very mushy at the surface and i don't really want to make any sweeping statements until that whole deal is figured out

this is really important. i don't know how many of you sickos have a permanent tab on the vis open like i do but this thing just ejected an LLC from the central dense overcast. It's still very mushy at the surface and i don't really want to make any sweeping statements until that whole deal is figured out
Just going over the Recon data looks like it shows two or three different little spins that they found so nothing definitive yet for sure

LOL, visible loop has been refreshed every five minutes since sunrise.

That low-level swirl is booking it SSW around the mean center. It'll be interesting whether or not it is pulled back in or the mid-level center takes over.

Have a feeling it'll rotate back around. The overall circulation envelope is massive. Seeing multiple small Eddies just whipping around her right now.

Just to jog everyone’s memory, but these big Caribbean gyre type storms are really messy every time in the formation stages.

Ugly, early is par for the course.
This is true. I think if you looked at the satellite pictures of Michael in its formation stages, you would think no way is that gonna be a category 5 hurricane

Back