• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

lightning field, and are we seeing a more clearly defined center:

2XhsLfU.gif
This looks like a different storm from a few hours ago.

Euro has a heavy duty predecessor rain event (PRE) over much of North Georgia. Before the system moves in
View attachment 151645
Although still significantl gusts over inland aress it would be great if we can keep it from not gettjng any stronger than that. Although winds might be less of an issue the rain totals from the euro have ticked up some and matched the rest of the 12z runs for ga/western Carolinas.

Although still significantl gusts over inland aress it would be great if we can keep it from not gettjng any stronger than that. Although winds might be less of an issue the rain totals from the euro have ticked up some and matched the rest of the 12z runs for ga/western Carolinas.

If ATL were to actually get down to close to an all-time record low SLP 981 mb like the 12Z Euro shows, I’d be quite surprised if there also weren’t major wind issues in much of N GA. Could be like Opal.

I can't recall a similar satellite presentation to Helene since the apparent low-level center ejected from the main convection this morning.

The 'swirl' seems to have found itself dead in the center of the broad circulation with convection still removed from the center on all sides while appearing to slowly fill in what would become a CDO. Fascinating.

If ATL were to actually get down to close to an all-time record low SLP 981 mb like the 12Z Euro shows, I’d be quite surprised if there also weren’t major wind issues in much of N GA. Could be like Opal.
Time to load up on gas and get the chainsaws sharpened.

I know the east side is the worst, but if this thing passes within a county or 2 to the east, it could still get pretty nasty?

Totally Agree. It will be bad enough as a cat 2.... but if we see a cat 3 or higher we really are in for a whooping. It's been quite scary seeing some of these extremely high 850 to 925mb winds outputs well inland.

Totally Agree. It will be bad enough as a cat 2.... but if we see a cat 3 or higher we really are in for a whooping. It's been quite scary seeing some of these extremely high 850 to 925mb winds outputs well inland.

Big storm + fast motion = strong winds well inland. I am against this thing ever getting organized at all. Too bad it won't just sit over the Yucatan and die off.

Back