• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Highlights at the start of the work day this morning: from the 230am GSP AFD: 1. GSP says a possible storm precursor rain event across Western NC Wednesday depending on how the flow ahead of the storm sets up. 2. Starting Thursday afternoon and overnight 4 to 7 inches of rain is likely across the area with a possible foot of rain in the mountains . Thursday night wind: 30 - 50 mph gusts possible particularly just east of the cyclone center

It moved east again. I wouldn't be shocked at another 50 to 75 miles shift east again as the final track of the storm.
I SEE WHAT YOU ARE REFERING TO...

HERE IS THE 11PM ADVISORY AND IT HAS THE LINE RIGHT IN THE "BIG BEND"
1.png

5 AM IS SLIGTLY AND I MEAN SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST BUT AT THIS POINT NOT ENOUGH TO REALLY MATTER...

I SEE WHAT YOU ARE REFERING TO...

HERE IS THE 11PM ADVISORY AND IT HAS THE LINE RIGHT IN THE "BIG BEND"
View attachment 151589

5 AM IS SLIGTLY AND I MEAN SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST BUT AT THIS POINT NOT ENOUGH TO REALLY MATTER...
That and the center line through GA moved quite a bit east as well.

I don't understand the arguing. Sometimes just a little more context in a post would clear things up. For instance, when you say the track has shifted one way or the other, reference your location and whether your talking LF or inland or as it relates to your backyard. A few more words could go a long way and if you want to argue take it to banter.

I don't understand the arguing. Sometimes just a little more context in a post would clear things up. For instance, when you say the track has shifted one way or the other, reference your location and whether your talking LF or inland or as it relates to your backyard. A few more words could go a long way and if you want to argue take it to banter.
Agreed. The post above is very helpful showing the two images side by side for reference. In this case, LF and Inland shifted east.

Gotcha- but I don't think no one was arguing. Just a slight disagreement or confusion. That's all. But I see your point and apply it to my next post. Let's get our mind ready for this storm.

GSP calling for widespread 4-8”, sustained winds around 20-30mph with guts over 50mph even back my way. Getting worried about power loss over this way

View attachment 151592

Slight east trajectory on the 5a advisory than the 11p. I wouldn't be shocked another shift to the east on the next or 5p advisory today.
I see what you’re saying about the inland track and you’re correct. The landfall location though has been pretty much the same location all 4 advisories so far

Also one other thing about this, you can always go to the NHC graphic archives and see for yourself how the cone has or has not shifted over the life of the system.

Back