• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

12z euro
2744341081e80157d0265b211261751f.png

12z CMc
68e3a8d37e0d5c89b2c8256082802fbd.png

18z gfs
33d68fa44af81f6240cd0ac6f54ad164.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like watching Fox News and CSNBC reporting on the same live event ... :eek:

With the euro and CMc closer together with the speed of the trough , I think the gfs is wrong but we shall see

With the euro and CMc closer together with the speed of the trough , I think the gfs is wrong but we shall see

Heck, even the Nam loops it back in the gulf

So its all about timing of the trough? Gfs is all alone on the timing.

That dry air trying to get wrapped in on the N/NE, may not let it get crazy strong. Those comma shaped storms never seem as strong as a well defined circle with a pin hole eye! Guess we will see

I may of clearly missed it, but is there a thread or page for links to satellite/radar and other info without having to scroll through the thread?
Most of that is in Wiki (Tropical/Models), and one of the best is the Central Florida Hurricane link (but there are several others there) ... ;);)

18z HWRF - Peaks Harvey at Category 4 hurricane (116 kts or roughly 133mph rounded up) with a pressure of 938.1mb.
Makes landfall in TX as a Cat. 3

18z HMON - Peaks Harvey at Category 4 hurricane (122.4 kts. or roughly 141mph rounded up) with a pressure of 912.7mb.
Makes landfall in TX as a Cat. 3

That DR on TWC right now!!!!!!!!
:) :) :)
No, not DR Knabb either!! ;)

Back