• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Well then
09_L_gefs_latest.png

JB just referenced Celia, the last major to hit Corpus Christie, 1970, went from a Cat 1to a 4 in 24 hours
" Harvey could mimic"

What cat is the Euro showing for the first and second landfall?

Surge Map/Forecast will be something to behold, considering duration if euro is correct, espeacilly northern TX coast

What cat is the Euro showing for the first and second landfall?

From my end, can't tell off pressure alone. But likely majors on both. The rainfall + surge would be catastrophic.

Most bizarre track I've ever seen!
Can't wait to get home and watch TWC, the hurricane experts! I miss John Hope! ;)
there is a trough type situation that is grabbing it and shooting it off back to the gulf. the GFS and Euro differ, but the Euro has it's own EPS to support it and I'll always take h500 euro over the gfs.

The GFS does have the same feature, but it's not as far South or West to influence it as much as the Euro's depiction of a slower, further Southern placement.

Here is the 12z EPS:
DIBWi4g_UQAAv_Jc_M.jpg.jpg
Lots of change in tracks from run to run on the models!? This morning had it dying off to the the west parts of TX, now it's moving N through AR/TN after a crazy loop de loop!? Maybe models are just being thrown off by its RI, could that affect the tracks they are spitting out!?

Lots of change in tracks from run to run on the models!? This morning had it dying off to the the west parts of TX, now it's moving N through AR/TN after a crazy loop de loop!? Maybe models are just being thrown off by its RI, could that affect the tracks they are spitting out!?

The EPS never had it dying in west Texas. It's been pretty consistent with the track up through Arkansas Louisiana and Mississippi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHC 5pm, over water at day 5

The intensity forecast after 48
hours is tricky because it all depends on how far inland Harvey
moves into Texas. If it stays stalls closer to the coast, as recent
model trends have suggested, then the cyclone may be able to
maintain a higher intensity
with a greater proportion of its
circulation remaining over water.

A strong major hurricane over the coast would wash anything right on the coast away. That sounds like a horrible, but possible solution.

Sounds like the euro solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back