• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Euro down to 962 after it hits the gulf again
21279029d047dc553f79298a0787de57.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be awful if it hit as a major hurricane, went back out and intensified again, and then just set there for a few days before hitting again as a major hurricane a second time.

For those of you with access to the more detailed Euro images, how far inland does it get in TX after the 1st landfall before it moves back into the Gulf?

it looked to me it just barely goes into over Corpus Christi stalls then back out, I don't think the east side even goes inland

It's incredible how the Euro is moving Harvey along faster than most of the other global/hurricane models and yet it is still the worst case scenario unfolding. Two potential major hurricane landfalls in two different states within a 4 day period!

12z gfs at the same time has it still back in Texas . The difference is the trough on the euro is further to the SW allowing greater interaction and the ability to pull Harvey to the NE much faster than the gfs

12z euro
e81af6ff0b280185a726a703b439de0c.png

12z gfs
91b83cf3ed4fb2dd6d74ffa1168e2afe.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro is a nightmare scenario. Even if that doesn't happen, it still looks like a major hurricane will hit Texas at least once.

Back