• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Get out the dartboard

09_L_tracks_latest_1.png

Harvey is currently not moving, which gives it more time to get it act together. Looking good on the satellite, theres word from another board that pressure is falling one of the buoys 103 miles nne from where they think the center is. Someone correct me if im wrong

Harvey is currently not moving, which gives it more time to get it act together. Looking good on the satellite, theres word from another board that pressure is falling one of the buoys 103 miles nne from where they think the center is. Someone correct me if im wrong
No, you are right. At 2 the NHC had Harvey as stationary, and the convection overhead is really starting to heat up. If it can keep the convention is the better question as it has a history of dissipating convection overnight. but then again, it has an actual rotation now, so it should be able to keep it up.

Many EPS members suggest Harvey becomes a hurricane after emerging back into the gulf as it heads towards Louisiana
a9634df91643db9819cc948b082ac923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nam, last few frames stalls on Texas coast line. Makes me think only to merge back in the gulf like the Euro/ Esp is showing. LA needs to keep an eye on this very closely.

Nam, last few frames stalls on Texas coast line. Makes me think only to merge back in the gulf like the Euro/ Esp is showing. LA needs to keep an eye on this very closely.
"EPS"

One thing to affect intensity is how compact a core does Harvey form. Some tropical systems are large in area, but the wind field is very compact.

Back