• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Harvey is starting to pull itself together, a mid level banding feature on the north side.

The 3k NAM is horrible . 928mb this run no wonder the NAM gets trashed during tropical season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3k NAM is horrible . 928mb this run no wonder the NAM gets trashed during tropical season

Meh it's a convection allowing model and that feeds into itself and causes the ridiculous strength.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gfs is flexing the western ridge so it looks like it's about to do the ole loop

Harvey is so close to diving too far southwest into Mexico on this gfs run and dying over the Sierra Madre Occidental like Beulah (1967)...

Thing about it is, if Harvey landfalls south Texas and merges back in gulf, then greater it becomes in strength.

Talk about the ole squeeze play a ridge west and a trough east
270e3ea9c42d0e9e826e3ea70ba03e4c.png

The subtropical ridge continues to get stronger north of Harvey after day 2, we are trending towards burial in northern Mexico. Still would produce horrific flooding over the Rio Grande Valley esp Brownsville, McAllen, Laredo, etc

Back