• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Just for clarification, I know the NAM is not reliable for tropical forecasting. That's not why I posted that, I posted it because I found it to be so ridiculously out there that it deserved to be posted for s--- and giggles. It sure had me rollin' lol

Umm ok Tx getting NAM'd
nam3km_ir_scus_58.png
Mercy!!

Ya I can’t imagine this getting as strong as what nam has. I would say a cat 1 is very possible though.

Just for clarification, I know the NAM is not reliable for tropical forecasting. That's not why I posted that, I posted it because I found it to be so ridiculously out there that it deserved to be posted for s--- and giggles. It sure had me rollin' lol

Yeah I don't disagree it was absolutely hilarious! I only wanted to make that comment for others who may not have been aware of this.

One day, one day the Nam will be right, with the tropics. I know its not reliable as the Gfs, Euro, and others but its still a model and therefore theres always a chance it "could" actually happen.

Saw this posted on another board: Webb is this accurate in your opinion? Circle is where they found/identified coc even though its very broad atm.
28f2522408a0885545a3a22745aa5e14107b6b1ce04383ae96f6787ed3aee7e5.png

Saw this posted on another board: Webb is this accurate in your opinion? Circle is where they found/identified coc even though its very broad atm.
28f2522408a0885545a3a22745aa5e14107b6b1ce04383ae96f6787ed3aee7e5.png

Yeah that Cumulonimbus tower is on the eastern flank of the LLC recon has confirmed... Now we'll have to wait and see if any other LLCs attempt to form and compete with this center along the broader wave axis that extends down to northern Guatemala and up to the northern Gulf coast

Latest ATCF places Tropical Depression Harvey at 21.5N, 92.5W as a 30 knot tropical depression, with minimum MSLP of 1006mb. This is probably what we'll see from the NHC at 11am...
Likely will be. Harvey part 2 here we go. Hopefully we don't see a part 3 if it goes into Texas, dissipates, then comes back out. The cone will look weird I am sure.

Harvey's low and mid level vortices aren't vertically stacked, there's considerable stretching from SW to NE due in part to some modest southwesterly wind shear being imparted by a decaying upper level low to its north-northwest and large scale convergence along the broader wave axis to the north as easterly trades from the Caribbean are piling air into the diffluent (southeast) flank of the ULL. This ULL should dissipate within the next 36 hr or so as Harvey generates enough latent heating to diffuse the baroclinicity across the ULL.

NHC will be re-initiating advisories at 10 AM CDT on Tropical Depression Harvey, located over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico.

Back