• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

I hope the trough captures. Not sure I can handle Harvey for 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be glad it fell apart for several days. We would be really going nuts if this thing was still classified and had the same path. Also, if this thing makes 2 landfalls, I guess we would count that as 2 total US landfalls? And has this sort of thing ever happened before where a storm goes inland and comes back out the same area and becomes a hurricane again? I know Ivan took an east coast tour and hit Texas in the end after hitting the Northern Gulf, but that went for a long time and didn't involve a push back out to sea.

Anyone up for a northern stream s/w, and a super phase. We could get a Hurricane, a Miller A, tornado outbreak and snow storm in August. A little bit for everyone.

The Texas and Louisiana coast need to be preparing for catastrophic flooding. This could be a bad deal down that way.

0z models starting soon and for the rest of the evening will have dropsonde data from all around the gulf

Okay I think it made it worse lol

09_L_tracks_latest.png

Okay I think it made it worse lol

09_L_tracks_latest.png
Keep in mind that was the result of the 18Z models. At 0Z, or around an hour ago, all the models had finished. It is almost 1 am GMT. The models should take in the data by the time the morning runs run. Any data that has already been received though will be run through soon. Meanwhile, convection is tarting to blow up again as the center moves offshore. It's time to start watching for a circulation again.

Back