• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Its just ridiculous how much the GFS has shifted around Bermuda on Tuesday since yesterday!

Little by little the GFS shifting the orientation of that High, I'm afraid this is not going to end well
3921d53e0df4436cbce1fc2527f58e13.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Well it might actually end well for those of us in NC if it keeps right on trending further South and West but that would in turn be bad for those of us South of NC.

Well it might actually end well for those of us in NC if it keeps right on trending further South and West but that would in turn be bad for those of us South of NC.
Agreed... but I'm speaking of CONUS and the SE specifically and right now I'm not seeing any escape route. No doubt it may end up further south as you mentioned though

UKMET, while initializing too far South to actual track, hasn't been horrible considering the trends. It's hard for me to get behind it because of how it severely botched the forecast with Jose.

The GFS is likely way too strong with Florence, as usual. So that's going to botch it's forecast track me thinks, regardless.

Look for the ridging trends and South adjustments.

So is the GFS and to a lesser extent the Euro and EPS correcting to the steady Ukie? I don’t think the GFS is done coming south. At this point I blend CMC, Euro, and UKie.

Back