• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Spoken almost as if you were a true Floridian ... ;)

Haha thanks. I'm not screwing around if it doesn't happen oh whale that means I beat the crowd and won't have to go to the store just that much longer. If Florence takes the "wrong" path hurricane force wind gusts could easily penetrate into areas like Raleigh, Greensboro, or Charlotte

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY: NOAA G-IV SYNOPTIC
SURVEILLANCE MISSIONS AROUND HURRICANE FLORENCE
FOR 10/0000Z AND 10/1200Z.

3. ADDITIONAL DAY OUTLOOK: BEGIN 12-HRLY FIXES ON
HURRICANE FLORENCE AT 10/2330Z.
4. REMARKS: A NOAA P-3 RESEARCH MISSION WILL BE FLOWN INTO
HURRICANE FLORENCE DEPARTING TXKF AT 08/1200Z, SFC TO
20,000 FT.

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see it head south of here, giving our area minimal impacts, when all is said and done. The ridge means business and I’m not sure the models are done catching up to how strong it is likely to be.
It's not an impossible thought

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see it head south of here, giving our area minimal impacts, when all is said and done. The ridge means business and I’m not sure the models are done catching up to how strong it is likely to be.

We can only hope for us NC folks. Right now it looks like the Canadian is the only model showing it going further south. Euro, ICON, and GFS all have us under the gun right now.

Hurricane is gulf end of run, with a nice shot of cooler weather

We can only hope for us NC folks. Right now it looks like the Canadian is the only model showing it going further south. Euro, ICON, and GFS all have us under the gun right now.
Yep, just going to have to watch and see. Should have a pretty decent idea of a legitimate strike zone by Monday morning, I would think.

Hotel reservations to get to safety made this morning. Hard to believe we may be threatened here 3rd year in a row. Insane.

Me neither Larry. I really hope this doesn't come knocking on your doorstep in the Savannah area, this is the last thing that area needs, Savannah and the lowlands of SC by far & away one of the most vulnerable areas along the SE US coastline.

Hotel reservations to get to safety made this morning. Hard to believe we may be threatened here 3rd year in a row. Insane.

Smart! I advised friends in Myrtle to do the same this morning.

So, Euro, GFS, and ICON have a NC hit. CMC and UK have a SC/GA border to central SC hit. Probably end up somewhere in between.

Smart! I advised friends in Myrtle to do the same this morning.

So far, the general public must not have too much of a clue because there were plenty of available rooms in various places. Maybe because it is only a TS and maybe because that position normally leads to OTS??

Back