• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Hopefully, by tonight models come into line on where this storm will make landfall. I have a feeling South Carolina may have a direct landfall from this storm.

I only see the ICON out to 63 on TT, but it is slightly SW of it's 6z counterpart at the same time.

It will still probably be a miss, because, well, it's the ICON and it doesn't want to come in.

Hurricane Florence has straddled 25.0°N for the past 6 hours buzzsawing west along it currently.

Interesting graphic a couple of days ago regarding storms located where Florence was just a few days ago with storms within 200 miles of Florence... 67 storms since 1851 back on Sept 7th or 8th were within that 200 miles. ZERO made landfall in the US.

Florence likely will be rewriting the rulebook. imrs.jpeg

Hurricane Florence has straddled 25.0°N for the past 6 hours buzzsawing west along it currently.

Interesting graphic a couple of days ago regarding storms located where Florence was just a few days ago with storms within 200 miles of Florence... 67 storms since 1851 back on Sept 7th or 8th were within that 200 miles. ZERO made landfall in the US.

Florence likely will be rewriting the rulebook. View attachment 6108

The climate has changed dramatically already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a friend that lives in Winston-Salem and warned her about the possibility of some flooding, although the more severe flooding will likely be to her east right?

rb-animated.gif

ICON still slightly SW of the 6z at 72. Looking for it to stall off the coast again. Looking for the GFS to be another far eastern NC hit again. Wonder how long it will take the to cave (assuming the more left solutions are to be correct)?

The climate has changed dramatically already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's less than 200 years of history... so while it may have never happened in that time frame it doesn't mean it can't with the right setup and timing of features.

I'm most concerned about the surge along the coast and then the flooding inland. If this comes inland and stalls, dropping several feet of rain, there will be massive flooding for someone.

Florence likely will be rewriting the rulebook. View attachment 6108
Not just no landfalling systems, none even close......

And FWIW the 12z ICON has the ridge oriented more SE to NW like the NAM with a more northwestward movement as well... going to be real interesting to see if the Euro holds firm in a few hours

Has there ever been a storm that ran perpendicular to the NC/SC coast and continued NW as the Euro shows? I can't remember it if one ever has. That's why I lean more toward a curve toward the N/NE as they all seem to do, affecting mostly eastern NC. I'd be very surprised if it didn't stay east. I know ridging and all, but we'll see.

Has there ever been a storm that ran perpendicular to the NC/SC coast and continued NW as the Euro shows? I can't remember it if one ever has. That's why I lean more toward a curve toward the N/NE as they all seem to do, affecting mostly eastern NC. I'd be very surprised if it didn't stay east. I know ridging and all, but we'll see.

As far as I know, only Hugo did such.

Back