• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

I'm guessing Charlotte will sit this one out again, that's fine. Good luck to my brothers to the North of me.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

CMC is too far north. Euro has trended south and was good but this run will be telling. 72 hours out, what could go wrong?

The snow accumulated nicely for a while. Surprising since the rates were low and surface temps at 35. Guess if it's persistent then things can happen. Really thought we would miss out here in chapel hill.

From the crappy maps, the Euro looks better than yesterday's run. The low is a little further south, and the high pressure is stronger and further south. This could trend our way with the cold air at least because it's a CAD setup.
Sounds good. I think the GFS and Icon are on board. Hope someone posts the Euro map.

From the crappy maps, the Euro looks better than yesterday's run. The low is a little further south, and the high pressure is stronger and further south. This could trend our way with the cold air at least because it's a CAD setup.
It didn't look much better to me. But I'm only seeing the 24 hour panels, which don't line up with last night's run. Hopefully, someone can post something so we can compare.

Hopefully, the other models will move towards the Icon. I liked the 6 inches it had here. Maybe this will be another case of the models getting better as we get closer.

This one counts sleet/zr as snow so fwiw. View attachment 4671
Thanks! That maybe looks slightly better than the 0z run posted on the other page. It's hard to tell for sure since the maps are from different sources and have different color schemes. But it looks better, just eyeballing.

The high is a smidge weaker than the last run on the Euro but that's not saying much at all because it's still a 1045 high on the Euro which is getting awfully close to record territory in parts of southern Quebec. The large-scale easterly flow impinging against the Apps is liable to be impressive w/ a system like this so I wouldn't be surprised if there's mixed p-types (sleet/freezing rain) and the models poorly handle low-level temps.

The high is a smidge weaker than the last run on the Euro but that's not saying much at all because it's still a 1045 high on the Euro which is getting awfully close to record territory in parts of southern Quebec. The large-scale easterly flow impinging against the Apps is liable to be impressive w/ a system like this so I wouldn't be surprised if there's mixed p-types (sleet/freezing rain) and the models poorly handle low-level temps.

Here's the corresponding MSLP percentiles, you see values in the top 99.5 percentile (maroon/dark red) you're knocking on the door of record territory in south-central Quebec. Very impressive to say the least.
us_f96.png

DC’s snow totals are going down faster than UNC in the NCAA tourney!! Storm , they are ready for you to leave! They were looking at 6-12” as of yesterday, now lucky to get 3” in metro! Good work and job well done! The MA thread is pure gold again right now!
I'm right at 6 where I am and DC was around 4.5 at 2 o'clock and they are getting into a heavier band again . Largest storm this late in March for 1964. I did them no favors this go around

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Back