• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

The SLP track is over the Apps so I would guess that's why you have the QPF min southeast of I-40. Isn't that a pervasive problem with clippers?

9-km ECMWF USA Surface United States Precip Type & MSLP 102.png 9-km ECMWF USA Surface United States 24-h Precipitation 114.png

Well, the snow has stopped here. That was nice to see. Hope we get a bigger storm Sunday.

If we get more snow this weekend, the 1960 analog comparison seems to have merit. I think it has merit regardless. Pretty awesome March for the Eastern US.
Yea this March is also right up there with years like 1914, 1924, 1926, 1932, 1934, 1947 that had multiple events east of the mountains. There have been at least 5 winter storms that produced 3”+ of snow somewhere on the 25th of March in the Triangle, it’s a very popular date to score something decent at the last possible minute around here. It’s nice to finally get a glimpse of what March used to be like at times in the good old days

Lol, Wake Co. split coming in from the west this time:

Radar.jpg

Big fatties been coming down for almost a solid hr now. No doubt 1 inch+ per hour rates. Sad thing is the half inch covering everything but the road from earlier this morning,melted while this snow has been falling. Temps just to warm. I see how stokes county pic from webb came to fruition. Would have easily done the same here, if we'd had these rates earlier. Oh well it's a big win, overperformer for me.

Webb did mjo ever get into phase 8, 1 and 2 or stall out in one of those phases as we rolled into March?

Weeee
7f386a1b6c0c165a1ba304f7c9cbbb91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back