• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

I honestly won't mind the sleet and freezing rain. Really anything after the first week-10 days of March is a huge bonus, we've been spoiled beyond belief this month and getting snow this late in March is insane and at least gives us something to talk about.
Webb,
You always educate, so here is a very basic question - what the hell is this four letter word thrown about called "snow"? It does sound tantalizing, whatever it is ... :confused:
LOL ...
Best!
Phil

Even if the storm itself doesn’t trend South, the frozen precip and wedge could be a lot stronger than modeled, especially with its strength and maybe fresh snowpack could help also?
the Euro probability map gave us a 2% chance of 1” 300+ hours out..so there’s that :(

I’ve never seen Raleigh get so many snow chances while northern Greenville country was completely left out. Not even a prayer. I can’t figure it out

the Euro probability map gave us a 2% chance of 1” 300+ hours out..so there’s that :(

I’ve never seen Raleigh get so many snow chances while northern Greenville country was completely left out. Not even a prayer. I can’t figure it out
I’m seriously thinking about moving to Roxboro! Got family already there! Tired of snow pics all winter!

And I'll just echo what you've been saying, of late the ICON has been too warm with surface temps so I like this...
Hopefully that means the frozen stuff will be further south. I know the earlier run had me getting 6 inches of snow. That one looked looked like rain.

Reactions: IWC
Could be but you ain't gettin 6" of snow...... just a hunch lol
tenor.gif

Here's my preliminary snow/sleet accumulation map for this event today, the Triangle did good for once w/ a light-moderate dusting pretty widespread from about Raleigh and points NW into Durham. There was about 0.1" here on NC State's campus. Upon further inspection and word of mouth from a few in the Fayetteville area it snowed on the west side of town and Fort Bragg
March 20-21 2018 NC Snowmap.png

Last edited:
Back