• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

I don't think we will but I hope we can avoid 90 Wednesday through Friday. If we can we may have a shot at getting close to the latest 90 on record
Wednesday will kill us. Thursday and Friday, there is at least a respectable shot of debris cloudiness doing work.

Wednesday will kill us. Thursday and Friday, there is at least a respectable shot of debris cloudiness doing work.

Hottest day of the year so far at PGV is March 28th at 89......we hit 88 a few times since.....average first 90 day at PGV is May 6th and the latest is June 13th....we made it to June 4th in 2016.....

Ended up being barely tolerable enough for me to walk during the heat of the day. Might be the last time I go outside during the heat of the day at home for more than just taking thunderhead shots for a while. Any other time will be temporary.

Still haven't hit 90 here, and the NWS point forecast for Chattanooga is no warmer than 86 the next 7 days. That's a bit on the low side of forecast guidance, but I will be a happy boy if that verifies. :)

The NCP products have been horrendous with temps. Like 20+ degrees too warm at times.
I have noticed that from the GFS for years now. There is not really much of a chance it'll get that hot at least not yet. I'm not sure the end of this week is going to be as hot as first thought either. May just get to 90-92 instead of the mid 90's.

I have noticed that from the GFS for years now. There is not really much of a chance it'll get that hot at least not yet. I'm not sure the end of this week is going to be as hot as first thought either. May just get to 90-92 instead of the mid 90's.
Yeah it seems to be the new model bias on the op gfs and Euro to go with big heat in the summer in the D7-10 range only to generally back down (not in all cases of course)

Yet GSP has most of the state getting less than .10th of an inch over the next 3 days...

I wanna bet VA gets the slight, more coverage there, whatever storm can fire here on Thursday looks to be strong to severe, sounding from the NAM on Thursday, not the best shear but it could support something a little organized, just how much forcing is the question (looks meh rn) and whether storms around the mountains can push OFBs south DB343917-389F-470E-85CC-FD8057A6DB5C.png19CCE975-5650-4494-B3C2-0C24C16CA0A4.png79BBFFF3-0F34-480B-B0C3-8FD9B9953871.png

Still haven't hit 90 here, and the NWS point forecast for Chattanooga is no warmer than 86 the next 7 days. That's a bit on the low side of forecast guidance, but I will be a happy boy if that verifies. :)
How have you not hit 90 yet while Chicago hit 94 yesterday ?

Back