• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

90 dew point 74 at 1:51 at RDU! Heat index 99, maybe first triple digit heat index of the year?

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I am hating this heat and humidity today. Especially when organized convection chances are almost null. What I wouldn't give to get a storm to cool things down a bit.
Man i'm loving it today... TOday being the key word. I'm sure by the end of July i'll start complaining.

Still getting snow in this area in May absolutely sucked. Horrible Spring or lack thereof. The mtn bonus is now shaving 5 to 10 F off the high temps. Loving the warmth!?

What is your elevation? I thought the snow fell around 4000 feet and higher?
About 2200 feet here, no snow but not exactly grilling on the deck weather in the French Broad Vallley, a spring devoid of that really unless you like to bundle up and don't mind 35 mph wind gusts.

BL mixing has commenced with dewpoint depressions developing and some decent wind gusts, also a decent ofb to the south of CLT that may allow some isolated storms to form 884F077C-A6B9-46B9-B445-EA5F301BDA5A.png

That ofb/storms south of CLT is pushing into a area with better CAPE/mid level lapse rates and area with 900-1100 jkg of DCAPE, and while I’m very skeptical, it wouldn’t shock me if a pulse severe storm or a few gets going

Seems like some kind of outflow boundary is making its way through the metro. Here's hoping it'll fire off some storms.

Back