• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Getting a torrential downpour right now from rain showers that developed off the outflow from the storms along the I-20 corridor.

As usual, no thunder / lightning.

More activity bubbled up behind the initial heavy rain showers, so *NOW* we're getting the thunder/lightning.

It's nice that the storms didn't work over the atmosphere. Per the SPC mesoanalysis, the airmass continues to destabilize nicely, with more storms having fired up to the NW of here.

Today's convection so far has missed me by raining out and reforming when it's just beyond me. Sadface

I did take some thundercloud pictures that I may share later on tonight.

Radar is very underwhelming thus far today. Unless we can get more storms to fire today will be another bust as far as storm chances go. We'll see if the backdoor front can fire up something, but I am pessimistic as of now.

Radar is very underwhelming thus far today. Unless we can get more storms to fire today will be another bust as far as storm chances go. We'll see if the backdoor front can fire up something, but I am pessimistic as of now.
Not surprised to see the GSP area miss, but it is shocking that Charlotte might too. After today it may be nearly a week before decent chances appear. The tropical system will actually hurt our chances it looks like.

Not surprised to see the GSP area miss, but it is shocking that Charlotte might too. After today it may be nearly a week before decent chances appear. The tropical system will actually hurt our chances it looks like.

Haha. Even pulled the marginal risk for the Carolina's. Barring some sort of outflow boundary or triggering of storms, we can pretty much stick another fork in what is another day of lousy modeling.

Yep. Total bust for today. Good thing I started watering the lawn yesterday.

It's just insane how poorly models have handled most of this winter/spring. I'm just going to start using nowcasting from now on.

My of the showers/storms for the Triad aren't supposed to even form until 6pm and later today, so not a bust just yet.

Yeah that trough axis is just now entering the foothills, most models had earlier storms dying out and had the best storms around 6-10

My of the showers/storms for the Triad aren't supposed to even form until 6pm and later today, so not a bust just yet.

We shall see. As I am writing this there are some more storms popping in York County. So, maybe I will end up eating my words. Fingers crossed!

This summer is going to a repeat of 1993 over parts of the southeast. The 3 month TOTAL for rain here was just .30.

Back