• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Gotta love having a large, disorganized system in the Gulf with basically no moisture for most of GA and the Carolina's. Kinda pathetic.

Bet there some good lightning shots over north eastern NC tonight

Gotta love summer, everyone thinks its going to turn into a desert here and the memory of over a foot of rainfall and floods not long ago seems to be buried.

You can have an excessively wet spring and still have a significant drought by September. Seen it before. I haven't forgotten about the 20 inches that fell in May. But summer drought seems to be the new norm in a lot of the country.

I am a bit jealous of you Triangle folks. That backdoor front is doing its thing. 55-60 degree DP's while us in the CLT metro have Temps pushing 90 and DP's in the low to mid 70's. Maybe we get lucky and fire off a storm or 4 in the Southern Piedmont.

Last edited:
Gonna prolly be the hottest day of the year here, already 90 and it’s only nearing 1
Edit * a few showers developing around now

You can have an excessively wet spring and still have a significant drought by September. Seen it before. I haven't forgotten about the 20 inches that fell in May. But summer drought seems to be the new norm in a lot of the country.

I am a bit jealous of you Triangle folks. That backdoor front is doing its thing. 55-60 degree DP's while us in the CLT metro have Temps pushing 90 and DP's in the low to mid 70's. Maybe we get lucky and fire off a storm or 4 in the Southern Piedmont.
84/60 here while 85/70 at charlotte . Thats ok , we have been one of the most humid spots of the state last few days oddly . A hot dry day is alright

Gonna prolly be the hottest day of the year here, already 90 and it’s only nearing 1
Edit * a few showers developing around now

It would be ironic if we end up having more storm coverage today than we have all week. Wouldn't shock me at this point. Some decent towers forming already and it's only 1.

Amazing north south , east west difference in dews across wake county. Dews around 70 in southern portion while around 60 in the northern portion. Im in the comfier northern portion heading out to falls lake to do some bow/spear fishing off some kayaks.

It would be ironic if we end up having more storm coverage today than we have all week. Wouldn't shock me at this point. Some decent towers forming already and it's only 1.

what sucks today is that there’s this ugly mid level warmth, while SBcape is good this mid level warmth will probably keep 90% of these weak showers And keep updrafts struggling to access that better cape, until maybe tonight where there’s a better chance of storms, and even then it’s meh 7AD00CFC-E1A5-45C6-A595-DFD85E98F560.png

what sucks today is that there’s this ugly mid level warmth, while SBcape is good this mid level warmth will probably keep 90% of these weak showers And keep updrafts struggling to access that better cape, until maybe tonight where there’s a better chance of storms, and even then it’s meh View attachment 42574

Yeah, I was never overly optimistic about our chances today. Next week looks active, so at least there is that.

Yeah, I was never overly optimistic about our chances today. Next week looks active, so at least there is that.
Yeah me personally I like Wednesday the most with the passage of a cold front, may even be a few strong to severe storms given the uptick in wind shear (multicells) but imo this is probably the best day for convection atm, however this could speed up or slow down to become a bad timing sort of thing 3D122A7D-337B-408D-9CDB-E6D32B93BC13.png6DBD1B4A-F35B-4477-B001-3036F9CD7797.png608688C8-7E18-4A85-A993-3850404458A8.png46653D25-E045-42A4-AE28-325E343308FC.png

Yeah me personally I like Wednesday the most with the passage of a cold front, may even be a few strong to severe storms given the uptick in wind shear (multicells) but imo this is probably the best day for convection atm, however this could speed up or slow down to become a bad timing sort of thing View attachment 42575View attachment 42576View attachment 42577View attachment 42578

Well, here's to hoping that the timing is right and we can fire off some decent, organized, convection. Would love to see a MCS of some kind. At the very least, the weather becomes a lot more tolerable after the passage of the front.

Well, here's to hoping that the timing is right and we can fire off some decent, organized, convection. Would love to see a MCS of some kind. At the very least, the weather becomes a lot more tolerable after the passage of the front.

Euro just came out and and it’s more scattered and is slower with the front, lol models are difficult nowadays, timing of a front is in question 2-3 days out, lol

Euro just came out and and it’s more scattered and is slower with the front, lol models are difficult nowadays, timing of a front is in question 2-3 days out, lol

Yup, I will wait until that morning before I assume anything. I don’t understand why or how models have gotten progressively worse as time went on. Welcome to 2020, I guess. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back