• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

These showers would be greatly appreciated, would be nice to get some thunder with them but that looks unlikely B58F5F4E-1545-4813-BBD5-1AA29BD751EF.png

Very soupy today....

High: 85.6F

I traveled up to Murphy, NC today to drive by a house and it was actually warmer in the mountains, more sunshine.

The models have pooped the bed again. So much for 60% coverage as GSP said earlier. Going on 9 days now with no rain and the weekend looks horrible for chances. Welcome to summer!

Edit
I see others get on here and complain about not getting rain and as they type the bottom falls out. I should try this more often because it worked for me too!
Just wanting you to know I tried this Friday too, it didn't work for me. I caught 7-10 split of two cells, and got a whopping .09"

Just wanting you to know I tried this Friday too, it didn't work for me. I caught 7-10 split of two cells, and got a whopping .09"
Today is day 10 since the last rainfall, probably not another good chance until late week. If we don't score something soon the dry will start creeping in even with a lot of rain the 2nd half of May

I will add that some areas may do well today and tomorrow but that seems to be to my west and south

Last edited:
Should see some convection fire, especially CLT and east. Per the latest AFD.

Starting to like tomorrow more as well, no mid level capping/warmth so updrafts will be free to rise without issues, this will also allow deeper convection and legit thunderstorms again and not these low topped Convective showers we have been getting

Still waiting for something to spark, forcing should get better as the evening progresses. Might be a little bit like that night, only with more coverage and hopefully some stronger cells.

Back