• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

78 degrees at 5 am, June 9, CHA.. pretty remarkable warm low.

That is remarkable. Record breaking actually, warmest minimum for the 9th is 73, and it will break the earliest date for a 76+ low by 10 days. 50/50 chance on rain today, so let's say 50/50 on that record holding thru midnight.

Well lets see if we can kick off a storm or 2 today. Good recipe for outflows to spark new storms and the sea breeze to get something going

Here's to hoping. Yesterday was a complete dud!

Here's to hoping. Yesterday was a complete dud!
Yeah we kind of suck with focus/forcing right now and are really depending on any subtle features (outflows, sea breeze) and heating to get things going. We are in a little bit better position than yesterday with a bit more moisture and instability. Really looks like more of the same through late tomorrow, but by tomorrow night into Thursday we get the front into play. I have high hopes on coverage and totals

Well lets see if we can kick off a storm or 2 today. Good recipe for outflows to spark new storms and the sea breeze to get something going

I see the forecast has a chance of storms here for the next 7 days. I have my doubts.

Man the air is as soupy as I have ever experienced in this part of the state. It's a shame we can't squeeze out more showers/storms in this air mass.

Man the air is as soupy as I have ever experienced in this part of the state. It's a shame we can't squeeze out more showers/storms in this air mass.

Just walked outside and came to post the same thing about it feeling very soupy. I guess if it stays like this for the next week I might actually have a shot at getting a good storm.

Back