• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Bring em on! Would love to see averages at about 122 in the shade...Experienced those temps in a small country in Central America it was nice..Only rained twice in 70+ days another plus.
We need nothing like that around here. Maybe you need to move if you really like temps like that.

Bring em on! Would love to see averages at about 122 in the shade...Experienced those temps in a small country in Central America it was nice..Only rained twice in 70+ days another plus.
Where in tropical Central America does it get to 122 and not rain but twice in 2 months? Trolling hard huh?

Where in tropical Central America does it get to 122 and not rain but twice in 2 months? Trolling hard huh?
Summer 2007, and parts of summer 2012 we got very little rain... didn't quite make it to 122, but 108 is hot enough.. Both summers saw my area in an exceptional drought.

You ever been there? I am guessing not...Most likely never been outside the US. have you.....?During my time in the military and because of that I cannot give specifics....And what reason would I so call troll that? I don't care if you believe me or not.

Last edited:
We need nothing like that around here. Maybe you need to move if you really like temps like that.

No you're right it would kill a lot of people in the US especially the elderly.....But contrary to popular belief the US is not the only country on this rock.

Here’s what I’m thinking, we’re about to enter a NW flow regime, with a cutoff around Baja, nice “death ridge” in the central US and the upper SE/mid ATL in NW flow, first off it looks like with the NW flow setting up, there’s going to be some weak EML advection which will at least increase mid level LRs in the ball park of 6-7C, And often increases the chances of severe wxDCD9497B-FB9E-46C3-A65A-C111D8FD4F5F.jpeg
also got nice advection of CAPE embedded in the NW flow, (GFS/EURO generally agree on 1500-3000 next Thursday) which is the first day That has my attentionD772F063-9230-4754-A552-1D9DB5A7E796.jpeg
as you can see there are quite a few pieces of energy being depicted on the GFS, and this is why this type of pattern is hard to forecast, even when the event is happening short range models often struggle with how fast/how long a MCSs/MCV last, but this map right here gives a idea that there’s going to be energy embedded in the NW flow, and those areas of energy will likely be the areas the storm clusters are focused at, especially during peak heating, of course there’s other mesoscale features like lee troughing, etc that can fire up storms with this type of pattern, but MCVs/pieces of energy is where it’s at
FBDF8E5E-5436-4084-93B6-24094FF236D2.jpeg
This is for next Thursday, and here’s where I think some sort of chance of a MCS/storm cluster Exists, little area in the red is where the best intercept of the best 500mb winds and SBcape appear to be along with better LRs, next Thursday looks like day 1, as there could be more before the pattern perhaps shifts/breaks down, but yeah I just did this out of boredom basically- 0B5B6A30-A54A-4246-98EC-E3199E34314A.jpeg

Last edited:
You ever been there? I am guessing not...Most likely never been outside the US. have you.....?During my time in the military and because of that I cannot give specifics....And what reason would I so call troll that? I don't care if you believe me or not.
Yes sir I have. Been to Belize and Honduras. Been to every state in the US except Hawaii too. What you describe is desert conditions which to my knowledge doesn't exist in central America. Maybe you mean Mexico which technically isn't central America. Either way thank you for your service.

Late next week could end up being a lot like early June of 1985 when a major ring of fire set up hitting central and eastern NC hard. I could see lightning from at least 50 miles away one night at the rate of 20-30 flashes a minute.

Late next week could end up being a lot like early June of 1985 when a major ring of fire set up hitting central and eastern NC hard. I could see lightning from at least 50 miles away one night at the rate of 20-30 flashes a minute.

“Fro has joined the server”

Here’s what I’m thinking, we’re about to enter a NW flow regime, with a cutoff around Baja, nice “death ridge” in the central US and the upper SE/mid ATL in NW flow, first off it looks like with the NW flow setting up, there’s going to be some weak EML advection which will at least increase mid level LRs in the ball park of 6-7C, And often increases the chances of severe wxView attachment 42311
also got nice advection of CAPE embedded in the NW flow, (GFS/EURO generally agree on 1500-3000 next Thursday) which is the first day That has my attentionView attachment 42312
as you can see there are quite a few pieces of energy being depicted on the GFS, and this is why this type of pattern is hard to forecast, even when the event is happening short range models often struggle with how fast/how long a MCSs/MCV last, but this map right here gives a idea that there’s going to be energy embedded in the NW flow, and those areas of energy will likely be the areas the storm clusters are focused at, especially during peak heating, of course there’s other mesoscale features like lee troughing, etc that can fire up storms with this type of pattern, but MCVs/pieces of energy is where it’s at
View attachment 42313
This is for next Thursday, and here’s where I think some sort of chance of a MCS/storm cluster Exists, little area in the red is where the best intercept of the best 500mb winds and SBcape appear to be along with better LRs, next Thursday looks like day 1, as there could be more before the pattern perhaps shifts/breaks down, but yeah I just did this out of boredom basically- View attachment 42314
Are we looking at potential derechos with this pattern. I'm in the area you circled in red.

I just hope we can get in on this action in Charlotte. I love these types of setups and MCS's are so photogenic. Plus, it may just keep up from hitting 90. Wednesday might be an exception though.

Latest trends have been meh on the GFS, shows some slug of moisture late next week off the coast which ruins cape around here, ECMWF doesn’t show that, but it’s something to watch, but anyways I think most of our stuff in western NC towards CLT will be driven diurnally by Lee troughing and OFBs (which that can evolve into a big cluster) however next Saturday looks like the best shot of a MCS with a backdoor front, next week eastern NC sits in a better spot

Latest trends have been meh on the GFS, shows some slug of moisture late next week off the coast which ruins cape around here, ECMWF doesn’t show that, but it’s something to watch, but anyways I think most of our stuff in western NC towards CLT will be driven diurnally by Lee troughing and OFBs (which that can evolve into a big cluster) however next Saturday looks like the best shot of a MCS with a backdoor front, next week eastern NC sits in a better spot
As it should be! Finally a return to some normalcy. Imma take all the storms see how yall like it ?!

Yeah, I saw that as well. I am somewhat skeptical though. Modeling handled last week's heavy rain event, horribly. I agree, most of our storms are a result of the Lee trough. Also, where this backdoor sets up will be telling as well. If it moves far enough south it could also take eastern NC out of "ring of fire." I have seen that kind of setup multiple times.

Euro is sure fun looking on Thursday, decent sfc/Lee trough and a remnant MCS That’s strengthening back in eastern NC, euro seems to have locked on to this look, now let’s see what it shows for Saturday as the backdoor front pushes in 6C775EA8-73AF-4118-960D-B9A3CD1F67D6.png4026B323-986C-41E8-AB92-F549AF87B193.png465A1F42-8FD2-491D-A073-C7B40F191D22.pngD4DFF32E-242A-4496-8406-D65211C707D5.png

Still looks solid for Saturday when I think that’s the best chance of a MCS as the backdoor front is lurking and a CAPE/dewpoint gradient sets up near NC with a piece of energy moving through (MCSs like setting up near those gradients), also add some decent 500mb winds to that, wonder how much this will change 4D8DCAC3-2D66-4B5E-B55E-BA92AAC0055D.png8CE88C75-A956-4ED5-90A6-6C9D6AE40AE1.png04A429DB-0953-41BE-91B4-EF8D6D7CBE89.png8AD5CAE6-EC0F-4A4F-BDE9-EF864D5303C3.png

Back