• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

Some awesome lenticulars today up here! Don’t ask me how, I think it’s 1000 miles + to the Rockies

That was a pretty incredible mid June cold shot on the 12z gfs. Mjo P8/1 isn't exactly hot for the SE so the heat squeeze next week is likely to be intense but potentially short in duration. Have to wonder if we are going into a pattern where the mean ridge is centered to the west of the region so we get hot when it extends but it's cut off by the next wave break giving us a couple cool days before we repeat the cycle

Was doing some work earlier calculating some 100 year floods and thought you guys may find this interesting. So this is 1 hour 100 year flood. Meaning if you exceed these amounts in an hour it's a once in 100 year event. This is basically the standard we have to design to. Now I'm sure your thinking it rains more than that frequently in some places. There was a big revision down in Texas after Harvey, but it's tough to nail down because tropicals are random. We use 1 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour and 24 for our designs. Just know if you see this type of rainfall or generally above 8-10" in 24 hours, your infrastructure in not designed to handle it.

100yr1hr.jpg

Back