• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

Yeah idk man hard to accept the only storms today would be south but we will see I suppose

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Looks like a boundary right along the Va/NC border with most stations just across the border reporting N/NNW winds, I don't think the cool front has made it that far south yet (not according to surface maps anyway). Not sure if that's left over boundary from yesterday's storms up in Va or pre-frontal boundary but I would think could be a focus for storms later, maybe?

Had some nice storms roll through yesterday afternoon. Last week was how I remember the summers here when I was a kid, with scattered storms coming through a couple of times during the week.

Looks like a boundary right along the Va/NC border with most stations just across the border reporting N/NNW winds, I don't think the cool front has made it that far south yet (not according to surface maps anyway). Not sure if that's left over boundary from yesterday's storms up in Va or pre-frontal boundary but I would think could be a focus for storms later, maybe?
You would think there would be a prefrontal trough near the border with the front not too far behind. Also seems to be some type of leftover boundary right across the center of the state..I guess we will find out soon we should start seeing them pop within the hour

You would think there would be a prefrontal trough near the border with the front not too far behind. Also seems to be some type of leftover boundary right across the center of the state..I guess we will find out soon we should start seeing them pop within the hour

I just noticed SPC did upgrade part of area to marginal

1562606827413.png

It looks like we could get a couple decent multicellular clusters this afternoon that may try to inch south. I also wouldn't be shocked to get a big hail report today

While their could be a few hail events today from fat cape profiles, it’s gonna be hard for those stones to survive deep warm cloud layers and somewhat saturated soundings, also mid level lapse rates are unimpressive, only thing going for hail is large LIs and somewhat large HGZs B493C4E3-7714-42B0-ACD5-FCC9A5AFCD2A.pngA39BCAD1-678B-49F7-A5D2-F350C6EB1A51.png

Getting ready to have another good storm roll through. It's been more active than usual the last week.

I've missed some quite a few of these showers and storms but got a great shot of an outflow tonight.

Attachments

• 20190708_201453.jpg
    20190708_201453.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190708_201448.jpg
    20190708_201448.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190708_201451.jpg
    20190708_201451.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Back