• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

But at least what storms do pop will have decent movement to the ne instead of being stationary like yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in on today! 2”+ pwats, 2” or bust today!!

What is this talk about a possible tropical system in the coming days?

It's what they were discussing on Fox 5 yesterday.

Here’s a soil map with the area circled that storms seem to pop up.

7c6ebf90c8fe3bf65b1c510b0b5ea176.jpg

Yes, thank you for this. I'll look at it on the big computer later. Good stuff!

What is this talk about a possible tropical system in the coming days?

It's what they were discussing on Fox 5 yesterday.
EURO been showing a hurricane hitting near New Orleans and headed up to West Virginia. A pattern I suggested months ago that the rich get richer while those south and east see less. Up and over pattern.

Looks like another dud today.

Upper levels are really lacking this morning and there seems to be a weak mcv south of chapel hill/Durham that may cause a little subsidence as it moves east. But we still have an atmosphere with 2+ inch pwats and temps heading into the low/mid 90s. Probably another days where we get initial storm formation in a couple pockets then we wait on outflows to form new storms.

To add to this I think that tomorrow and Monday are our days to really do well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3.29" yesterday if I heard my dad correctly (even if not it was 3.2").

What a ridiculous storm yesterday. I'm not sure there will be another that tops what happened yesterday this summer, but we'll see if I watch out the windows more.

Upper levels are really lacking this morning and there seems to be a weak mcv south of chapel hill/Durham that may cause a little subsidence as it moves east. But we still have an atmosphere with 2+ inch pwats and temps heading into the low/mid 90s. Probably another days where we get initial storm formation in a couple pockets then we wait on outflows to form new storms.

To add to this I think that tomorrow and Monday are our days to really do well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Imagine this pocket of energy more south E3D7DE73-FFA9-44F6-B5AC-8C1521748FC6.jpeg

Flash flooding Wilkes co very slow movers may rain themselves out before reaching east of Statesville etc

Yes that was awesome, lasted over 2 hrs with none stop lighting and thunder. My gauge this morning is over 4ins. That was the best storm here in years. Power went out 3-4 times.

Well now that I m back on line after last night.. what all to say... Had 4 strikes to poles close by that fried Comcast equipment and also my cell service.. Plus totaled some 7.19" in the gauge this morning... damn impressive.. Never lost power though except for few mins here and there..

EURO been showing a hurricane hitting near New Orleans and headed up to West Virginia. A pattern I suggested months ago that the rich get richer while those south and east see less. Up and over pattern.
Anyone with a bird sized brain could have predicted that a gulf storm would form and track toward the coast, that is if the southeast ridge held firm. That's the problem with baby birds ..... they're too busy opening their mouths.

Wonder if this line of storms coming off the apps can act as a front and fire storms here in the triangle area.

Back