• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

These storms have been in the same place for 2 hours now at some point mother nature has to share

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If it makes you feel any better they fizzled and I only got a dusting, I mean the ground wet...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Peachtree City's getting pounded right now.

Meanwhile, just a ton of outflow wind and debris clouds here. :(

Not a drop at the house, not even drizzle dizzle ! The water company thanks you Jimmy, for taking all my rain! ?

Money shot! Boooooom !?825A2C8C-5BE6-4016-BD92-FE70CDAA6779.png

I've really noticed 4 "natural" catalyst for convection in our area. #1 is the sea breeze and it usually doesn't work for us #2 is the differential heating along the blue ridge, it may occasionally send a storm or 2 our way but they generally die in the triad #3 some weird deal in the sandhills I'm not sure if it's differential heating due to the sand or an albedo thing but storms love to fire in moore, hoke, Scotland, Cumberland counties #5 Piedmont trough this is usually our winner but so far its been biased too far west. It seems like though there is a seasonal trend and the Piedmont trough initially focuses in the central Piedmont in June and early July but as summer wears along it drifts east. If you look at today the sea breeze went off first and shot NW as an outflow, the sandhill convection went up and got enhanced by the seabreeze then the Piedmont trough got active and the sea breeze enhanced it too. Unfortunately we were again left in crap town.

That's a good synopsis, and I agree. The one that is particularly interesting to me is #3. I have noticed that same phenomenon over the years also. I assumed some type if differential heating due to the change in soil type or something...like you said. It really is a noticeable phenomenon, if you're paying attention.

Oh, and GSO is under yet another flood advisory.

That storm that had some incredible wind earlier this afternoon along with the rain and loud thunder, I found out that it completely uprooted a tree in a secondary road in my neighborhood when I walked late in the evening. Luckily it was down on the fence and not someone's house.

What a crazy storm for being technically your normal summer thunderstorm. I'm pretty sure based off other things that I saw there that what I saw was storm damage. There was some moments outside where it looked like a tropical storm.

That's a good synopsis, and I agree. The one that is particularly interesting to me is #3. I have noticed that same phenomenon over the years also. I assumed some type if differential heating due to the change in soil type or something...like you said. It really is a noticeable phenomenon, if you're paying attention.

Oh, and GSO is under yet another flood advisory.

Here’s a soil map with the area circled that storms seem to pop up.

7c6ebf90c8fe3bf65b1c510b0b5ea176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally right after i posted this, I've been getting crushed. It's making up for yesterday when I watched a storm go up over Cabarrus county and absolutely dump over harrisburg. :(
I won yesterday, but was in SC so I guess I kinda lost

I've really noticed 4 "natural" catalyst for convection in our area. #1 is the sea breeze and it usually doesn't work for us #2 is the differential heating along the blue ridge, it may occasionally send a storm or 2 our way but they generally die in the triad #3 some weird deal in the sandhills I'm not sure if it's differential heating due to the sand or an albedo thing but storms love to fire in moore, hoke, Scotland, Cumberland counties #5 Piedmont trough this is usually our winner but so far its been biased too far west. It seems like though there is a seasonal trend and the Piedmont trough initially focuses in the central Piedmont in June and early July but as summer wears along it drifts east. If you look at today the sea breeze went off first and shot NW as an outflow, the sandhill convection went up and got enhanced by the seabreeze then the Piedmont trough got active and the sea breeze enhanced it too. Unfortunately we were again left in crap town.

You just basically explained the hrrr Tommorow , storms forming near birdman, storms developing in triad from some weak troughing, sandhill convection, and then convection from the sea breeze
Also weakening of the strong thermal H5 ridge helps out storms and the fact that Capping is basically nothing, LFCs/LCLs are basically reachable aswell E28CA560-5C19-4C32-9738-391E11A6F3F3.jpeg

Holy cow, the storms that popped up over Gwinnett County, Walton County, Rockdale County, and Barrow County, GA are intense! Lots of lightning for over an hour and had some good rain. Mother Nature decided to put her own fireworks on display tonight!

Holy cow, the storms that popped up over Gwinnett County, Walton County, Rockdale County, and Barrow County, GA are intense! Lots of lightning for over an hour and had some good rain. Mother Nature decided to put her own fireworks on display tonight!

Western Walton County picked up an estimated 2-3 inches of rain between 9:09-10:09 based on weather.gov. They might have to issue a flash flood warning soon for a few of those areas. Those storms are just not moving.

Western Walton County picked up an estimated 2-3 inches of rain between 9:09-10:09 based on weather.gov. They might have to issue a flash flood warning soon for a few of those areas. Those storms are just not moving.

Flash flood warning issued. Got it on my phone lol. Isolated amounts of over 5 inches and not showing any signs of stopping.

0BO7ej.jpg

Flash flood warning issued. Got it on my phone lol. Isolated amounts of over 5 inches and not showing any signs of stopping.

0BO7ej.jpg

Yes that was awesome, lasted over 2 hrs with none stop lighting and thunder. My gauge this morning is over 4ins. That was the best storm here in years. Power went out 3-4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back