• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July

Every state, including Alaska and Hawaii, have recorded a high temperature of at least 100 degrees, according to NOAA, with many states well above 115 degrees. Also of interest is that Alaska and Hawaii share the same record high temperature of 100 degrees. Alaska's record was set in Fort Yukon on June 27, 1915, and Hawaii's record occurred on April 27, 1931, near Pahala on the Big Island.
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/hottest-temperature-recorded-50-states

Must have been one big ol' series of whale, salmon and moose farts that year ...

The problem is the record was annihilated by 5 degrees which didn’t used to happen. It’s usually only a fraction of a degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s 70s DPs getting way up into Canada. Is that normal?

14b58fdc72f20f009f5f0396a3df5b96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but I'm not normal either, but don't care. :oops:

Storms firing close here, wish I could share I really don't want anymore rain right now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
These storms have been in the same place for 2 hours now at some point mother nature has to share

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is there some physical reason that pop up storms tend to develop over or near the same areas every day? I have seen this time and again through the years. I could initially guess the reason has something to do with remnant outflow boundaries, but I would think they migrate downwind. It must be something else. It can't be random chance.

Is there some physical reason that pop up storms tend to develop over or near the same areas every day? I have seen this time and again through the years. I could initially guess the reason has something to do with remnant outflow boundaries, but I would think they migrate downwind. It must be something else. It can't be random chance.

Definitely boundaries, but rain increases dews for the next day, combine that with diabatic heating and you get larger instability vs sun and drier air

boundary marching north. Just started raining here. I’m the king of rain. Especially in January! ☹️
221118C9-9CB9-454F-9C04-030619204CA6.jpeg

As my late grandfather would call them, “weather zones” ??‍♂️

Checkout that wall of rain! We have some flooded roads here. Damn this has been a good one. Mack would have loved it ?
5FE16787-4E4D-41F8-B5FD-329E04C28434.jpeg413CB1E8-09F1-4E1F-AD93-A8BB8E5A25DB.jpeg

I've really noticed 4 "natural" catalyst for convection in our area. #1 is the sea breeze and it usually doesn't work for us #2 is the differential heating along the blue ridge, it may occasionally send a storm or 2 our way but they generally die in the triad #3 some weird deal in the sandhills I'm not sure if it's differential heating due to the sand or an albedo thing but storms love to fire in moore, hoke, Scotland, Cumberland counties #5 Piedmont trough this is usually our winner but so far its been biased too far west. It seems like though there is a seasonal trend and the Piedmont trough initially focuses in the central Piedmont in June and early July but as summer wears along it drifts east. If you look at today the sea breeze went off first and shot NW as an outflow, the sandhill convection went up and got enhanced by the seabreeze then the Piedmont trough got active and the sea breeze enhanced it too. Unfortunately we were again left in crap town.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am honestly reluctant, if not afraid, to ask, but here goes ... on what do you base this now, and what did you base this on "months ago"?
Pattern...climo..and how the previous unnamed system went up and around is still largely the same pattern. But could change based on strength and the ridge.

Back