• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another front next weekend here

Tick tock on the July Fry

Indeed, July Fry as in a heatwave fortunately isn’t in the cards for the south. No hotter than near normal overall. A few days in a row of a little above normal in some places is not a heatwave. Most ag folks and those with yards can relax. No irrigation for me anytime soon, especially with Elsa helping out.

Brad P. Said on a video last night that Charlotte was in a drought but we're only an 1.30 in below normal for the year.
Charlotte proper not too much but many in his viewing area are but I've learned from the forum that many different definitions of drought exist apparently. ;)

Charlotte proper not too much but many in his viewing area are but I've learned from the forum that many different definitions of drought exist apparently. ;)
Yeah I just looked up the definition of drought and I was trying to find some figures to go by that classifies a drought but there is no such thing that I could find.

Yeah I just looked up the definition of drought and I was trying to find some figures to go by that classifies a drought but there is no such thing that I could find.
Drought.gov has some good info.... it really isn't as easy as looking at total precip, departure from normal, etc, soil moisture plays a huge role.

I really don't think anyone here thinks we are in a bad drought, sure there are some dry areas and there are areas that are having to use irrigation on crops/lawns, etc.

1625583141782.png

Drought.gov has some good info.... it really isn't as easy as looking at total precip, departure from normal, etc, soil moisture plays a huge role.

I really don't think anyone here thinks we are in a bad drought, sure there are some dry areas and there are areas that are having to use irrigation on crops/lawns, etc.

View attachment 86207
It is for sure dryer than last summer.

I’d imagine the Charlotte area as a whole isn’t too different , however deficit from year rainfall total is not how drought is defined . It’s part of it but you can have drought and only be an inch or 2 below annual normal ! I learned that this year at least!

I’d imagine the Charlotte area as a whole isn’t too different , however deficit from year rainfall total is not how drought is defined . It’s part of it but you can have drought and only be an inch or 2 below annual normal ! I learned that this year at least!
Correct, read my other post lizard licker

NickyB already gave you a guarantee there is no drought. ????
Come on nowwwwwww I know there’s drought but there’s nothing dire or serious about an abnormally dry drought across portions of NC especially when (Nickyb guarantee of tropical rains from Elsa a week ago I MIGHT ADD ?) Elsa is making its way up with a widespread 2-3 inches for much of the ravished, burnt, on fire, crack in ground drought stricken areas ..which would most likely for next drought monitor get rid of it

Last edited:
i want a supercell not a warm core mush no lightning wind n rain cane
A good hurricane trumps any supercell any day of the week . You should move to Nebraska and get that continental weather . Plus you can eat nothing but corn and potatoes out there , great cuisine if you are a corn flakes muncher !

A good hurricane trumps any supercell any day of the week . You should move to Nebraska and get that continental weather . Plus you can eat nothing but corn and potatoes out there , great cuisine if you are a corn flakes muncher !
Would gladly do that, supercells/tornadoes are far more photogenic and hail is fun, and you can get strong winds in thunderstorms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back