• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer reminds me of the 2013 summer
There really are some similarities. Like this year we were coming out of a LaNina and going into an extended neutral ENSO. The predominant pattern during the summer was a western ridge with small heat releases breaking off between eastern troughs. Here in CLT metro we never had more than couple days at a time of 95+ degree heat, and we stayed very active with thunderstorms all summer.

There really are some similarities. Like this year we were coming out of a LaNina and going into an extended neutral ENSO. The predominant pattern during the summer was a western ridge with small heat releases breaking off between eastern troughs. Here in CLT metro we never had more than couple days at a time of 95+ degree heat, and we stayed very active with thunderstorms all summer.
The last week of June and the 1st half of July that year was extremely wet. The pattern changed at that point but it did not go to a dry and hot pattern. The pattern change came with a slow moving northeast to southwest moving MCS which got going in northern NC and ended up into western and southern GA. I think we spent at least 10 straight days here under a flood or flash flood watch. I can not think of another period of time like it.

The last week of June and the 1st half of July that year was extremely wet. The pattern changed at that point but it did not go to a dry and hot pattern. The pattern change came with a slow moving northeast to southwest moving MCS which got going in northern NC and ended up into western and southern GA. I think we spent at least 10 straight days here under a flood or flash flood watch. I can not think of another period of time like it.
Then if you remember, we had an awesome fall that year. The pattern stayed active as the STJ began to pick up, but there were some periods of perfect autumn weather… cool to chilly nights and mild days

Then if you remember, we had an awesome fall that year. The pattern stayed active as the STJ began to pick up, but there were some periods of perfect autumn weather… cool to chilly nights and mild days
Yep and then the winter of 2014. 2 cold snaps, the paralyzing snow for Birmingham and Atlanta, and the big ice and snowstorm that hit much of the southeast. That 1st cold snap brought the coldest high temps here since back in the 80's. The summer of 2014 was not bad at all either.

Yep and then the winter of 2014. 2 cold snaps, the paralyzing snow for Birmingham and Atlanta, and the big ice and snowstorm that hit much of the southeast. That 1st cold snap brought the coldest high temps here since back in the 80's. The summer of 2014 was not bad at all either.
Hopefully with neutral ENSO we will be setting the stage for something similar. Despite actually finishing a degree above average, that was a truly great winter for my area… the last one that I saw double digit snowfall and February 2014 is the last time I had a 4 inch+ storm. Looking back, the key was how early the cold air began building up in the source region… Yukon Territory, Alaska, and back into Siberia. Those regions are having a summer very similar to 2013 as well.

I was doordashing at dinner and was like wow it's not hot. Now the other week when it was near 100 yeah I was done lol

People here are saying they don't remember a 4th with weather this nice

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this intense of a precip event, at long range!!! This is GFS for next Saturday! Holy buckets, as they say up here!??B771D681-7731-4579-9A3B-ABA718D2D1BA.pngBEC81831-8A5F-47B7-A86C-2B654234D3F0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back