• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no SE heatwave in sight (long stretch of 97+) and there will likely be none this summer as long as we keep the good rainfall going at least once to twice a week in most areas. It is almost impossible to have a heatwave without widespread dry soils. There'd have to be several weeks dominated by well below normal rainfall to change things and we're already well into summer.
Here is the map of the last 30 days of rainfall/just keep this up and we're safe:

Last30DaysRain.gif

600dm popping on the GFS

2fc62d28ae8970ed86b0e2553a242d60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long range GFS shows 105+ temps in parts of NC and SC and not a lot of rain either. Could easily get a flash drought with that kind of heat. The long range on the GFS reminds me of July 1986 with downsloping over the Carolinas. Would easily get 105 plus with that setup.

Yeah, another week of no rain and 90s. There goes all that ground I gained with that 1 rain.
Lovely! I didn't even benefit from that front. A whopping 0.4 which dried up the next day. Now Elsa will just make the rich get richer.. I really do suck for summer rain and that's not an exaggeration. And winter snowfall but we all share in that misery!

Long range GFS shows 105+ temps in parts of NC and SC and not a lot of rain either. Could easily get a flash drought with that kind of heat. The long range on the GFS reminds me of July 1986 with downsloping over the Carolinas. Would easily get 105 plus with that setup.
Flash droughts and 110 been lurking juuuuust around the corner since may. Big corner.

I’m sitting outside with the family on Skyway Drive in Monroe waiting for the fireworks and I gotta say this absolutely the best weather I think we have ever had on the 4th. Clear skies, 78 degrees, 61 dewpoint. Simply beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back