• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

That mass of storms down in GA may be going to rob most of NC and SC today. Going to need to be close to the VA border it looks like for now to have a decent chance in NC.

Ok for me overnight 2.18 util 2 pm here... Covington shows 4.48 since midnight.. Been getting .75-2.00 overnights here since last weekend
Over here we had 1.94 this morning bringing the month-to-date total to 9.75. Since the night of July 4th we’ve had 8.92 inches. One of the wettest summer stretches in a while here.

That mass of storms down in GA may be going to rob most of NC and SC today. Going to need to be close to the VA border it looks like for now to have a decent chance in NC.
IMO someone in this highlighted area are going to be seeing flash flood warnings later and someone inside there will see a significant amount of rainfall. Convergent boundary sliding southward already past VA border along with decaying MCS from yesterday moving over the mountains now with an attached meso low sliding with it generally to the East. Where these converge will squeeze out the immense amount of water the atmosphere is holding currently and cause big problems. Back building/ training all the sorts will cause problems .. I think more people “hit” today than usual but still more than likely there will be losers again. Hopefully whoever they are have already seen their fair share of water.21EF499A-5B53-453D-B945-0CCEB66A6064.png65476126-3135-4B3C-8095-8FC594AD380E.png

Wen storms? Today was the highest chance of the week so far I thought for the upstate? 80% if I remember correctly. The radar is blank
It's going to be late today for most of our areas into the early overnight and actually looks like storms are starting to bubble your way

Yep, NickyB sees it too, really the triple point for lack of a better term, VA Capes junk, main front working out of the foothills and convection screaming off SVH/CHS, evident surface boundary starting to take shape oriented west to east along US 64, I40 west of RDU.

Back