• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July '22

Hope you got a good amount. We got smoked decent last night but areas barely east of.me had 5+.. my green yard has now developed that blue fungus in a lot of places. From burnt crispy grass to fungus in a week.
That sucks I had the fungus last year. Sounds like the guy putting stuff down may have given you too much nitrogen. Go to lowes and get bayer fungus control in the bottle, spray everything for an immediate stop to its proliferation. In 14 days go get scotts disease ex granules and put those. You will be fine in 30 days. Don't do liquid bayer then granular bayer back to back the fungus will become resistant make sure you change your active ingredient with each application.

Oh and if you can go without mowing don't do it it'll just spread spores everywhere. Also now that you have the fungus you will have to control yearly since it lives in the soil you can only control and not eradicate. I have 2 bags of higher end stuff coming today from the supplier even with limited rain I've been getting patches of brown patch due to the high dews.

Alternatively since you are likely looking at slime mold vs brown patch, dollar spot, rust, fairy ring you could just have the lawn dethatched and hope for the best

Last edited:
Little moist this AM! Much needed!FCFEEE41-F9DF-48F3-A34E-F920F24CEE8A.png

Actual chance to go back to back today. Looks like what's left of the dying front isn't going to move much so afternoon storms will likely be focused close to where the storms were this morning
HRRR wants to fire them up more NW over Wake Co.

It's terrible just cut the trees
naw thats too freeking Simple.. Instead of Spending Millions of Dollars Moving the Whole thing. Plus setting up a new site..
(I'm across the River + a few miles from it, (the radar that is)..)

IF... IF the Government were SMART & wanted to save big $$$$$$

The NWS & Coast Guard would use the Old Coast Guard Loran Site, in Wilmington, Off River Road by Snows Cut.. 3/4ths of the Radar installation Infrastructure is already in place, Including the "Dome" to hold the radar itself,, and Site ready.. NO trees too worry about.

Naw that's too Simple.

Anyhoo,, lotsa Rain since yesterday afternoon & evening..
75F this morning.. Lighting/Rain/Thunder.. (Mist & FOG)..
.35 in the bucket this morning.. More incoming..
Inch or so yesterday..

Almost a inch on the 13th..

Flash Flood watch in effect..

@Shaggy & @Downeastnc ..

Been watching that T-Storm complex since Late last night, moving up from Charleston, SC overnight.. Slow Moving heavy storms embedded..

Ya'll outta or should, get plenty of rain from it as I am.. Drought Busting rain(s) If it doesn't miss ya'll going south of you.
I'm Completely socked in here in Topsail..
Here's the working site for KTLX, they haven't *Unplugged it** yet..

Oh for those interested THIS is what KTLX Radar site looks like from ground (street) level view..

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
1.62 on the tempest. I agree best storm in a while so much lightning
Nice. I'm not sure I really want to experience it but also wonder what it's like to get under one them storms that dumps 5+ in a few hours. Has to be intense for sure, been a few around over the last week or so and bound to be a few more

Nice. I'm not sure I really want to experience it but also wonder what it's like to get under one them storms that dumps 5+ in a few hours. Has to be intense for sure, been a few around over the last week or so and bound to be a few more
Yeah been getting much more common lately as with the 2 inch plus precipitable water.

No kidding. It's that time of year though where we can back build and keep cores nearly stationary so like you said it'll probably happen again. Just looking at today and this weekend we have some potential to get the piedmont trough and sea breeze active. Typically that's a big W the area between US1 and I95 where the meet and just rain out into the early overnight

What is that soda bottle doing in the flower pot ?
When I’m away for a few days, it’s my homemade watering system! Three pin prick holes and water seeps out slowly. Takes 2 days to empty, if wholes are tiny. And if you have room, a 2 liter works the same, just lasts longer

More storms. So much rain.
Must be nice. I hate these popup afternoon thunderstorms. It seems like (for my location) all the storms tend to form just to the south/east of me. I've had less than one inch of rain over the past two weeks; while most places south/east have had multiple storms and flooding.

1657918577537.png
I'm the blue dot... Wake Forest has been golden..

Back