• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

With the teleconnections, La Nina history, and MJO wanting to go into 3 and possibly 4, we better get what we can before the 10th because after that looks warm, and compared to now VERY warm

Perhaps I’m just over analyzing but the 12z gfs seems to be trending favorably with some of the systems to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, JB said a January thaw is coming mid to late January, but will make a big return in Feb!
I just glanced over the recent Euro Weeklies. Guess he took them at face value.

I do see a signal for a larger storm at some point; in some form. and some shots of mixed/zr off and on.

Anything that far out is a crapshoot though. The PNA looks to stay positive for the next little while at least, and the negative EPO looks to finally let go towards Mid Jan... -NAO into FEB.. But again, crapshoot.

I've seen a snow to my north and now possibly to my south in Gray, GA can't seem to get one to hit us straight on or at least have some snow here however small it may be. Maybe that will change in the coming weeks prolly not lol

I guess we shouldn't sleep on Sunday night!? Will be very cold dry air in place! If precip arrives early enough, could be a little frozen before going to rain

Lots of people well inland may be disappointed. The NAM is an extreme for parts of SC anyways and even it, you can see sharp cutoff of Wintry precipitation.

I guess cross fingers for a surprise!

Lots of people well inland may be disappointed. The NAM is an extreme for parts of SC anyways and even it, you can see sharp cutoff of Wintry precipitation.

I guess cross fingers for a surprise!
I won't be disappointed getting nothing, and I will be more disappointed if Florida and Savannah see no snow. If we get a surprise few flakes, I wouldn't mind, but I know there is next to 0% chance of us seeing anything here.

I won't be disappointed getting nothing, and I will be more disappointed if Florida and Savannah see no snow. If we get a surprise few flakes, I wouldn't mind, but I know there is next to 0% chance of us seeing anything here.
Yeah l agree l hope everyone gets some winter weather this year after a very bad winter last year :cool:

Here is another 10 day threat right at 240 on the gfs. Probably a overrunning threat with another batch of energy coming in from the west.
4e707d36c5e40afa4f5e769af594799f.jpg
2d32c774983396ddc19ba07c94e40a2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just glanced over the recent Euro Weeklies. Guess he took them at face value.

I do see a signal for a larger storm at some point; in some form. and some shots of mixed/zr off and on.

Anything that far out is a crapshoot though. The PNA looks to stay positive for the next little while at least, and the negative EPO looks to finally let go towards Mid Jan... -NAO into FEB.. But again, crapshoot.
Like him or not look at his winter outlook from October. Been close and has nailed the pattern. Still hard to beat for long range forecasting.

Like him or not look at his winter outlook from October. Been close and has nailed the pattern. Still hard to beat for long range forecasting.

I like JB just fine. He's even done interviews with us before. I am just saying, that he, along with many others, are wrong sometimes and looking over what was said, he may be using the Euro Weeklies.

Looks like our return to normal is coming next week and for the foreseeable future . All this cold and nothing to show for it in AL.....shame! Can we bring on spring on yet?

Wouldn't quite say that. I don't see anything as cold as it has been, but both the EPS and GEFS still have a -EPO nearly the entire run with +PNA spikes here and there. Looks transient, but any warm up looks brief.

Back