• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Euro's all aboard. I'm tempted to start a thread but I think I'll kill the system lol.
ecmwf_ptype_se_120.png

ecmwf_t2m_se_120.png
Ouch! This is a lot different than all these wankster storms we've been chasing, and now we have all the big 3 models showing it! Hell, fire up the thread!! It's only 4-5 days out and we need something else to do now that most got skunked this go round!

Yeah at end of day nothing ever to complain about having 3 threads in one week started then you know your having a good winter of following weather

Looks west and east of here. Guess that's how it's going to be this winter. All the action is to the east, west, north, or south.

Looks west and east of here. Guess that's how it's going to be this winter. All the action is to the east, west, north, or south.
Usually seems to be how CAD events are unless it comes in earlier. I'm going to watch this system, and if we see the same tomorrow I'll start a thread. Not today since we are still dealing with this storm.

Outside of a couple of potential CAD events, there isn't a real threat to anyone on the board for quite the foreseeable future. As front loaded as this winter has been, it's going to really suck to see it go out in lackluster fashion.

Yeah. Not really feeling much more for winter wx this season outside of of a few more cold days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storms really haven’t cut much this winter. Gfs is the only one that really cuts. I like this potential
Yeah, I don't see this cutting, and even if it did, we sill havte a wedge in place. Whichever way, if there is ample moisture and it comes in during the early hours when it's below freezing, we are looking at some ice. Probably enough for trouble like a few years ago. The CMC looks really bad with 1.5" QPF here, which means this nasty map.
zr_acc.us_se.png

Yeah, I don't see this cutting, and even if it did, we sill havte a wedge in place. Whichever way, if there is ample moisture and it comes in during the early hours when it's below freezing, we are looking at some ice. Probably enough for trouble like a few years ago. The CMC looks really bad with 1.5" QPF here, which means this nasty map.
zr_acc.us_se.png
Please - wasn't this supposed to happen today? Now again ? ... :eek:

Not impressed so far for potential zr/sleet into the CAE area. Looks like we will be too warm. 120 hours out, though.

Not impressed so far for potential zr/sleet into the CAE area. Looks like we will be too warm. 120 hours out, though.
At this time, looks like a true CAD event, for favored areas. Worth watching for sure

Just don't think the temps will be cold enough even if we do get some wedging, and that is ok with me as I enjoy my power and hate zr

Outside of a couple of potential CAD events, there isn't a real threat to anyone on the board for quite the foreseeable future. As front loaded as this winter has been, it's going to really suck to see it go out in lackluster fashion.
There are people on the board in the CAD region, so we monitor these CAD events!
Plus, JB say huge January thaw coming, but winter comes back worse than now, in February

Looking over the EPS and GEFS, not even a big deal for the majority of NC. With little to no ensemble support, tossing the 120 hour threat.

EDIT: Nevermind, see later posts-

Last edited:
Back