• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

I think the 12z euro control run had a nice winter storm incoming but I couldn’t find the maps on weathermodels.com.

from Brad Panovich's facebook page... kinda silly, but I like it:
26165401_1830425697029878_6198299472804956873_n.jpg

I think the 12z euro control run had a nice winter storm incoming but I couldn’t find the maps on weathermodels.com.
Yes, the 12z Euro EPS control has a beginning of a winter system at day 10 over the Plains, but it has the system cutting after day 10. It's a good ways out so things will change of course.

^send that puppy directly to clown maps, do not pass Go.. lol It's beautiful though..

So, thought about getting rid of Spectrum cable and switching to Century Link for internet and getting Hulu Live and Netflix to save money. Well, Century Link only has 10 mbps internet speed here, while Spectrum is 60 mbps. If I just kept the Spectrum internet and dropped cable, and added Hulu Live and Netflix, it would only save me $20 per month. Guess I'm keeping Spectrum and going to try to haggle with them to lower the bill.

Also the main run of the euro was heading for the same outcome if you look at the h5 look. At least I think it was. Also it has our wave coming in on the California coast like Webber was talking about.
01d94ed564498bb90ad80b2c47dd9afe.jpg

Hmmm, the GFS says keep an eye on the period around the 9th. Good west coast ridge, deep trough pushing down and an busy STJ cutting under the ridge.

It would take some work but if we could get a northern s/w to back down the ridge into the SW it would open the door to some overrunning along the Arctic front.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the GFS says keep an eye on the period around the 9th. Good west coast ridge, deep trough pushing down and an busy STJ cutting under the ridge.

It would take some work but if we could get a northern s/w to back down the ridge into the SW it would open the door to some overrunning along the Arctic front.
Okay I'm in. Lol

Other than the Atlantic Coast people, this place is dead....sucks to be so cold with only chapped lips to show for it.

GFS continues to show lots of rainstorms till the end of its run. Looks ninoish, and too warm for frozen, verbatim

FWIW, JB said a January thaw is coming mid to late January, but will make a big return in Feb!

FWIW, JB said a January thaw is coming mid to late January, but will make a big return in Feb!
If the thaw does occur, it won't be a surprise at all. A lot of times warm ups do occur after a long period of severe cold. But, I agree, warm up then back to cold. Weather system's in between pattern shifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
One night of cold weather won't do it, but a week of freezing temps may kill off a few insects. There's that right?
This severe cold snap won't "kill" off mosquito's. Alaska and Canada has the worse mosquito's. I think the whole saying of, "this severe cold snap will kill off bugs," is a southern folk lore.

Back