• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Euro was headed for glory day ten

We track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUi can't wait to see how that turns out. Probably we'll get screwed again considering it's so far out. Save yourself from the useless chase with no results now in my opinion. Not being mean but we see how the other storms turn out and now apparently Savannah and Charleston are about to get more snow than us! Ridiculous

Then let’s shut the damn board down and go home. What the hell is the point of having a weather board if we are not going to discuss the weather short term and long term . Better yet , why did you sign up if you feel that way
I'm not saying don't look at the long term. You see despite the fact we've been cold for so long, we can't even get a snowstorm. Now all models are in agreement that a warm up is coming and we have to kick the can to day 10 knowing full well it may look very much different than now with still no snow results. If we went this long with so much cold and still couldn't produce my confidence is low now. I wish I could get as much snow as Savannah and Charleston could get in my lifetime. And they are way further south. Eric's s/w from California theory may not work and we could be done for the rest of the year, who knows? Im just a really big snow lover. We get rain all the time and it's not really that interesting. It may be needed but what's so entertaining about it? We get it ALL the time. It gets boring

I'm not saying don't look at the long term. You see despite the fact we've been cold for so long, we can't even get a snowstorm. Now all models are in agreement that a warm up is coming and we have to kick the can to day 10 knowing full well it may look very much different than now with still no snow results. If we went this long with so much cold and still couldn't produce my confidence is low now. I wish I could get as much snow as Savannah and Charleston could get in my lifetime. And they are way further south. Eric's s/w from California theory may not work and we could be done for the rest of the year, who knows? Im just a really big snow lover. We get rain all the time and it's not really that interesting. It may be needed but what's so entertaining about it? We get it ALL the time. It gets boring

What are you talking about? Does this look like a warm up to you in the long range? If you ask me It’s starting to feel like you are trolling the board.

013e64ab3af4a4ab69d48b887728b693.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long range GEFS and EPS agree, -EPO reigns supreme the whole model cycle.
Yep. Dr. Cohen also tweeted about the CFS run from today showing cold in East warm in West through March...fwiw.
EPS 10-15 day mean.
mean.png

for those who poo-pooed the Gfs.. turns out it was pretty on the mark at 180 for this cold spell currently:
26055556_1912142115481838_4162258702700041669_n.jpg

yeah, in places it's off by one magnitude or so, but here in my area, pretty close. It had the right idea first anyway on the severe cold outbreak.

Why is it always day 10??? :(

Because outside days 6-7 (being generous) models are wrong to what really happens. Its best to get an idea of the pattern/bigger features. Not things like actual temperatures, precip, and potential storm systems.

A couple of the local mets and offices talking about a little wintry mix Sunday morning depending on how fast the moisture moves in.

In my experience, generally speaking the times we have gotten our biggest storms have been on the front of a pattern shift. With this type of cold pattern though it is very likely we see something. It may not be as "big" as we would want. Fingers are crossed that we all get something before this cold plays out. It's easy to get on edge though as most of us want the big one. Right now I'm rooting for the guys near the coast this week and hopefully we'll have a shot very soon.

404f270991f504f575b66884561d122d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS has 0 frozen for most on the board, through the end of its 18z run

Back