• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Not banking on anything the eps and weeklies keep pushing back the pattern flip . I was just posting what it was showing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I know, just making an editorial comment in an oblique way on the terribleness (is that a word?) of the CanSNIPS

Really hope this verifies in 8-9 days w/ a s/w bulldozing into south-central California and an intense vortex hanging tough in SE Canada and New England. If nothing else, many of us may finally get some precipitation, we're going into a moderate drought in central NC, and we need any rain/snow we can get....
eps_z500a_noram_35.png

Likely cold lasting through around Mid Jan.

4indices.png

Really hope this verifies in 8-9 days w/ a s/w bulldozing into south-central California and an intense vortex hanging tough in SE Canada and New England. If nothing else, many of us may finally get some precipitation, we're going into a moderate drought in central NC, and we need any rain/snow we can get....
View attachment 2418

I really hope the EURO holds this pattern. It looks really good down the road. I think we will moderate briefly before going right back to the freezer. Fun times ahead

Haha just saw you post it. Of course, Euro could be trolling yet again but atleast there’s better precip chances

Last edited:
Good things for this. It is far enough out it will get pushed southward like the other systems.

However, the main difference is the other systems got pushed south because they had virtually no west-southwest/southwesterly flow aloft as the waves dove in from the NW mainly in the northern stream. We'd get a very nice fetch of moisture and mid-level warm air advection over top of the cold dome if this came anywhere close to verifying, surely it could get pushed further south but we actually stand a legitimate chance if anything close to what the Euro & CMC are advertising in the long range verifies.

0Z has the same look Webb, with low in 4 corners and 1047 high in SE Canada

Yep, it's amazing what happens when you actually have a s/w in the southern stream by the time it hits the west coast and you don't have to worry about it digging a lot to yield a nice WSWly moisture fetch over the SE US

Back