• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

The last several runs of the EPS have been finally catching onto persistence of the -EPO into possibly mid-January, each successive suite is getting more aggressive the Alaskan blocking high in the longer term...
eps_epo_bias.png

Eventually we probably are, but it looks like we're going to keep this rolling thru at least the 15th, maybe the 20th, that's amazing for a NINA winter
My call for the Weeklies to cave in might turn out to be not so bad. :)

Lol well ok
ddf012173814f99fb8ee958a6b040277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the placement of the SE ridge that is the key. It helps my area more than it hurts. Very very hard to get anything here besides cold with this setup.

Good lord next weeks cold shot might be colder than this weeks per the eps
8440af2b3a2022d23c1c7edf7d3c1b7f.jpg

Eventually we probably are, but it looks like we're going to keep this rolling thru at least the 15th, maybe the 20th, that's amazing for a NINA winter

There is no way we miss every single wave, either. Seriously, if we miss every single chance, the SE is not meant to see snow. At least, the Carolinas.

Lmao then there is the control. No doubt JB tweets this at some point
e112698e09fd0da2c12bd71963ceecb7.jpg

CMC bringing the stupid cold, probably the lowest temp in my area I've ever seen modeled.. Gfs about 15 degrees warmer at this time frame:
gem_T2m_seus_33.png

meanwhile:
gem_asnow_seus_40.png

Back