• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Yawn , we saw the models do that for days on end with the christmas period only to correct . After my snow next week I’ll be ready for spring anyway
We also saw the models drop a foot of snow only to get clouds. Just saying that big epo needs help

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mid January looking good
838ad55b680c0273f5ae0d512f06a6d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's the GFS

Overall, the GFS clearly has a cold bias at 2 meters when averaged out. However, there are obviously times when individual runs verify much too warm in any given location at various forecast intervals.

A little OT, but any TN people notice that MRX is having issues with their AFD's? With all the storms possibly coming they keep skipping AFDs. Nothing this afternoon and quite a few mornings lately with nothing either.

Gf
The warmup on the eps keeps getting pushed further and further out in time . 00z run was below normal for 95 percent of the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet

Yeah there's no doubt this warm-up that was progged for a couple weeks on the EPS is evaporating, I'm certainly not going to complain... The EPS still looks wrong w/ a trough in the southwestern US in the midst of an Alaskan ridge (which is getting stronger due to intense Indian Ocean forcing) but the last 3 runs have been trending towards squash city of the SE US ridge as the Alaskan ridge grows more intense on subsequent runs, which keeps the cold pattern going right on into mid-January.
Webp.net-gifmaker (2).gif

Yeah there's no doubt this warm-up that was progged for a couple weeks on the EPS is evaporating, I'm certainly not going to complain... The EPS still looks wrong w/ a trough in the southwestern US in the midst of an Alaskan ridge (which is getting stronger due to intense Indian Ocean forcing) but the last 3 runs have been trending towards squash city of the SE US ridge as the Alaskan ridge grows more intense on subsequent runs, which keeps the cold pattern going right on into mid-January.
View attachment 2376
If only this could go until the end of January lol. Unfortunately we are bound to warm up eventually.

Back