• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

CMC bringing the stupid cold, probably the lowest temp in my area I've ever seen modeled.. Gfs about 15 degrees warmer at this time frame:
gem_T2m_seus_33.png

meanwhile:
gem_asnow_seus_40.png
Ain't gonna happen.
History makes that clear.
Lived in the same house for 38 years; have a Chickasaw Plum; it has never, ever, ever bloomed until after the last freeze, be it in January or March or even April; the son of a biscuit eater popped out in nice white flowers today ...

Canadian ensembles day we roast by the end of the month
880a6109409f14dd74595e6d94188b1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't bank on this, could it be right, sure however the CanSIPS long range Canadian model shows it above normal EVERY month pretty much all the time

I wouldn't bank on this, could it be right, sure however the CanSIPS long range Canadian model shows it above normal EVERY month pretty much all the time

Not banking on anything the eps and weeklies keep pushing back the pattern flip . I was just posting what it was showing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 0Z Euro, while still cold, dropped the epic SE cold. I think some of this is because it, too, apparently has a cold bias over snowcover and there wasn't a big SE snow on this run to display that bias. the last two Euro runs had hard freezes deep into FL.

Agree nalso Larry euro MJO goes into P2 and then halts or comes back into the COD on the left side. You have studies about that right?

Well Euro, has a wave outta the SW area that gets crushed by the NS. Further on in the run, things get interesting. I'm not really going to follow it until within day 3, but just a heads up.

Agree nalso Larry euro MJO goes into P2 and then halts or comes back into the COD on the left side. You have studies about that right?

Chris,
The EPS MJO forecast I see has it come back into the circle though on the right side first. The GEFS looks like it is trying to go back into the left side, but I'd go with the EPS over the GEFS. Subseqeuntly, it appears to head back to the left side of circle late Jan. I'm definitely liking this low amplitude EPS MJO forecast as that tends to minimize the chance a sustained warmup.

Chris,
The EPS MJO forecast I see has it come back into the circle though on the right side first. The GEFS looks like it is trying to go back into the feft side, but I'd go with the EPS over the GEFS. Subseqeuntly, it appears to head back to the left side of circle late Jan. I'm definitely liking this low amplitude EPS MJO forecast as that tends to minimize the chance a sustained warmup.
Thanks Larry. What an interesting la Nina so far this season

Back