• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Lol
0be563c22fcadb2008c69d0bc5dc6884.jpg

Note that this includes the two waves preceding it and that it also includes ZR.

Precipitation or not, the cold snap coming around New Years is no joke. Looks like a lot of single digit lows headed southward.

Does anyone know why the 2 meter temp.'s for the GEFS tend to be colder than the respective GFS despite the same 850s/H5, etc.? It is almost as if the GEFS has an extra level of cold bias that was possibly removed from the GFS. It appears this starts at hour 6 rather than at initialization and again it is at 2 meters, not at 850.

Precipitation or not, the cold snap coming around New Years is no joke. Looks like a lot of single digit lows headed southward.
I am almost certain the GFS/CMC temps will not come close to verifying come New Years, yes it will be cold but 10-15 degrees warmer then Goofy shows in most SE areas

With even the significant 2014 cold snap it reached 31 in Augusta (mid 20s where I was at then, but that's not the point). In some alternate world where the doofus actually verified Jan 2 would be 1985 like stuff. I know it's wrong, and it's bad it's that wrong

Euro still paints teens for my area around then.. I think it's a tad too warm.. So, bottom line, this New Year's Cold snap is probably the real deal.. Widespread teen lows for certain.

Euro still paints teens for my area around then.. I think it's a tad too warm.. So, bottom line, this New Year's Cold snap is probably the real deal.. Widespread teen lows for certain.

From what i have seen, single digits are more likely,,>>>???

But this cold snap is real, despite the cold bias. Tbh at least in North Georgia the temps predicted early on by the GFS weren't that far off for Christmas either, but it was way off south of there.

The EPS/Euro has a stretch of mid 30s, and while it's not ridiculous it's more than run of the mill cold for the South.

Back