• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Or that ^^ It's probably the RGEM called the CMC on some sites.

GFS is going to lose this storm before long unless something changes lol the southwesterly flow in the mid-levels is falling off w/ every run, thus we're eventually not going to have much, if any moisture to work with as verification approaches.
View attachment 2356
No poo train yet!!! We all know the gfs at 00z tonight 12z tomorrow will have nothing . Let us enjoy this fantasy for a few more hours

The GFS looks weird with that storm, if it were much more refined I'd think it'd be MUCH warmer and a lot further north.

I'm not buying any model, .much less Goofy, 6 days out for my rarely hit area near the coast. However, even the EPS has suggested a threat to the coast on 1/1 in past runs. With the possibility once again of an unusually strong and expansive high even noting GFS bias, the chances for something quite unusual (dare I say maybe even boardwide (yes, possibly even including the extremely rare Phil hit) would be much higher than normal if a huge high anywhere close to that could somehow verify.

Regardless, the 18Z Goofy surface low track fwiw is not too far off the perfect track based on old wx maps to give the rare wintry precip all of the way to the GA/SC coasts. What we need for a better chance and even colder air in here earlier is for it to dip further down into the Gulf before taking that track across central or south FL (far S FL for Phil would be nice).

One thing the gfs does have on its side with the New Year’s Day storm. It is in the good range of the gfs when it does the best. Within 5 days (108hrs). So tomorrow we will start getting within nam long range.

Back