• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Musing while waiting for the GFS to shake up things. A forecast like this for Atlanta is on my bucket list.
FHfn_MGVUAQQP7q

An inch of ice and up to 20" of snow in the same storm. Not sure any city in the SE has ever experienced that kind of storm.
We have. It’s just a broad warning covering valleys/mtns. It’s unlikely the same spot gets 20” snow and 1” ice it’s accounting for different elevations of the same general area. Western NC has seen heavy snow events with parts of the county getting heavy ice and lesser snow accums.

Nice Wall to Wall U.S. cold. View attachment 99247
We’ve got to crawl before we can walk. I’m liking the evolution at 500mb up around AK bridging through the Arctic. Shakeup seems to be underway. I don’t know how much more Seattle snow I can take..if this doesn’t dump big time cold into the US idk what will 19583012-794D-4480-92EE-C50994869020.gif

In recorded history, probably not. But, given the right circumstances, it could happen.
I’ve always wondered if we could look back over the past 500-1,000 years what the record snowfall is for locations in the SE. would be wild if there was a monster storm in the 1300s that dropped 30” from CLT to RDU

Man I just want to see this evolution up top coupled with Aleutian low/+PNA..definitely see those lower heights sliding into position off the west coast while this is happening. How transient will it be? Who tf knows.

Could be a faucet dripper ?

We’ve got to crawl before we can walk. I’m liking the evolution at 500mb up around AK bridging through the Arctic. Shakeup seems to be underway. I don’t know how much more Seattle snow I can take..if this doesn’t dump big time cold into the US idk what will View attachment 99248
It’s fantasy, but with that look above and the monster Aleutian low forming would lead to this.

1640537549033.png

It’s fantasy, but with that look above and the monster Aleutian low forming would lead to this.

View attachment 99252
If we could get a high pressure to drop into MN or WI instead of western MT, we would probably get a snowstorm. Should have some moisture available to tap down south with that look.

Back