• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Not if one likes it cold.
I’m pretty sure everyone on this thread Wants snow. I guess having cold air is a start. Maybe we can sneak in a little system to have everyone in this board score

The more I’ve looked at the extended today, the more I think a real pattern change is around the proverbial corner (subseasonally speaking) in the N Pacific. Mountain torque events are a critical component to meridionally flux momentum between the tropics and mid-latitudes on subseasonal/week-to-week time scales. The one that’s currently ongoing over E Asia is timed pretty ideally to provide us with a pattern change in the N Pacific during early January. The positive angular momentum anomalies that have been building up in the tropics the last several weeks are probably going to move into the extratropical Pacific, favoring an extended/strong Pacific Jet, a stronger Aleutian low, & less negative &/or positive PNA through mid month

0BAA8019-4DD7-4CB0-897D-632E32AD29EF.png7EE83C9B-46C9-4551-9E1F-9151A4B09FA3.gif

The more I’ve looked at the extended today, the more I think a real pattern change is around the proverbial corner (subseasonally speaking) in the N Pacific. Mountain torque events are a critical component to meridionally flux momentum between the tropics and mid-latitudes on subseasonal/week-to-week time scales. The one that’s currently ongoing over E Asia is timed pretty ideally to provide us with a pattern change in the N Pacific during early January. The positive angular momentum anomalies that have been building up in the tropics the last several weeks are probably going to move into the extratropical Pacific, favoring an extended/strong Pacific Jet, a stronger Aleutian low, & less negative &/or positive PNA through mid month

View attachment 99193View attachment 99192

That would be fantastic if it happens. Based on this possibility, do you think much of the SE would get cold enough to have a decent shot at BN for January as a whole? Or is that unrealistic and near normal the best to realistically hope for? I don’t mean just the major CAD regions of the Carolinas that would benefit from wedging more than others areas of the SE.

I’d personally take near normal and be quite content.

Just personal opinion. Gfs just had an unrealistic run. I think the Canadian has a better handle on this. 2nd or 3rd week has a better chance of temps returning to around slightly below average. A84A8C44-769D-4A5D-8396-0F91B93D383B.png

Just personal opinion. Gfs just had an unrealistic run. I think the Canadian has a better handle on this. 2nd or 3rd week has a better chance of temps returning to around slightly below average View attachment 99214

Your personal opinion is to pick whatever model shows the warmth.

Just personal opinion. Gfs just had an unrealistic run. I think the Canadian has a better handle on this. 2nd or 3rd week has a better chance of temps returning to around slightly below average. View attachment 99214
You could find something wrong with a million dollars. My advice is to find another hobby. Something that makes you happy.

Back