• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Man I remember when the GFS was showing a cold shot for Inside 300 hours. It’s amazing how quickly cold disappears on the models but warn won’t go away lol
If you can get a well timed wave with that GLs vortex sliding east you could certainly argue Theres a chance of overrunning/Miller B setup

This is what radiational cooling looks like living slightly elevated then the surrounding area....my path to 34.9F
?
1640357070566.png

The GEFS has many members bringing cold 850's into the southeast around 1/2/2022. Probably a short cold snap and then a return to the prevailing pattern of western trough, eastern ridge. Hoping that the PNA can hover around neutral on average, though, in some of January. Maybe there is a chance at some cool rains?

The GEFS has many members bringing cold 850's into the southeast around 1/2/2022. Probably a short cold snap and then a return to the prevailing pattern of western trough, eastern ridge. Hoping that the PNA can hover around neutral on average, though, in some of January. Maybe there is a chance at some cool rains?
Better then a prolonged torch

So cold/gloomy enough to make anything outdoors feel bone chilling, but inevitably still too warm for snow...

I guess that would make everyone unhappy. Misery loves its company...
I like warm weather, but it seriously needs to feel like the season we are in sometimes, and you need cold to have any shot at wintry precip.

I like warm weather, but it seriously needs to feel like the season we are in sometimes, and you need cold to have any shot at wintry precip.

Not referring to you specifically, but quite a few poster don't seem to keep that same energy when it comes to Summer weather.

But that's banter for another time in the Whamby thread.

Back