Pattern Januworry

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Wow, how did I miss this. Tornado in Harnett Co before the snow moved in...

A coworker in Granville Co. said he heard what sounded like a train before work Monday morning. I never followed up to see if a potential tornado had touched down but I can definitely see where some tornados might have formed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Webberweather53
Something I already alluded to yesterday on twitter, but Decent looking negative E Asia Mtn torque here around mid-month. Should pull the Pacific Jet back during the following week or two and yield a GOA-Aleutian ridge + -PNA + SE ridge combo by the time we reach the last week of January. Ultimately, setting us up for a prototypical warm Nina Feb

1641380193107.png

Here's my preliminary snow map for NC for the winter storm that hit parts of the SE US & the southern mid-Atlantic earlier this past week.

View attachment 101924

Looks perfect for my area! Watched the snow fall for a few hours but never stuck! Our mulch turnt white for about 10 mins! Great work on the map!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole JB saying:
"Winter will remember December." Hopefully we can score January. Only other long shot would be some off the wall rogue March storm. But I think the Feb La Nina lag usually carries into March as well. Webber, what say you? Question have is I beleive I read, saw somewhere that La nina was gonna fade away late winter. Any truth to that? I honestly rely on Gawx and webb post to get vibe for Pacific seasonal forecast. They both follow them the most, have knowledge.

Ole JB saying:
"Winter will remember December." Hopefully we can score January. Only other long shot would be some off the wall rogue March storm. But I think the Feb La Nina lag usually carries into March as well. Webber, what say you? Question have is I beleive I read, saw somewhere that La nina was gonna fade away late winter. Any truth to that? I honestly rely on Gawx and webb post to get vibe for Pacific seasonal forecast. They both follow them the most, have knowledge.
Think Eric said pretty much La Niña be gone by late spring completely