• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

We gotta find us a vort/shortwave from somwhere between 1/13-1/27 ish. Thats gonna be the issue. Cold air is there to tap.
I noticed CFS has whole conus in the Red 1st week Feb, but by 2/3 big west coast ridging and trough back into the east. Ridging gets over the innermtn west, pretty expansive. All CFS is good for is watching the trends from 3+ weeks out. Better off using Webs Mountain Torgue, other TC to guess pattern by then.

No doubt though we got a 2-3 week window here. Just finding the energy to kick off something is our handicap.

Something I already alluded to yesterday on twitter, but Decent looking negative E Asia Mtn torque here around mid-month. Should pull the Pacific Jet back during the following week or two and yield a GOA-Aleutian ridge + -PNA + SE ridge combo by the time we reach the last week of January. Ultimately, setting us up for a prototypical warm Nina Feb

View attachment 101926
Can’t we enjoy the 2 week window of cold and maybe snow, before we worry about a torch 3-4 weeks from now?

Can’t we enjoy the 2 week window of cold and maybe snow, before we worry about a torch 3-4 weeks from now?
Nothing to see here.

Attachments

• C70828C5-F9D7-4C45-ABA8-28F2BBC44C22.png
    C70828C5-F9D7-4C45-ABA8-28F2BBC44C22.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 8A62F970-10E0-455D-8D32-C20110B24E47.png
    8A62F970-10E0-455D-8D32-C20110B24E47.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 8C9FFA5F-7FAC-4B24-B4D0-B203E648BC78.png
    8C9FFA5F-7FAC-4B24-B4D0-B203E648BC78.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
I am such a virgin, this is my first post......."but don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!" ?

What I mean by that is...the very first post I made on a weather board back in Dec 2007 was on Talkweather where I barged into an ongoing thread and got into a debate with the legend himself, SD, over the ideal placement of western ridging lol, lol...which is ironic given the upcoming pattern.

Anyway, hopefully I can add to the discussion in here and not take away from it or be a distraction.

From a pattern standpoint, we've had a bit of a delay here in early Jan as the Pac Jet extension has trended stronger and farther east on the modeling. The dates I'm watching are Jan 17-18 as this is at the point where the pattern retrogrades off the E Coast a bit, and the + anomalies are at a point along the Rocky Mtn divide. I want to see how this changes over the next week (i.e. whether it moves up in time or is delayed). I don't anticipate a delay, but we'll see.

knmraxW.png

Sexy look here on Jan 19...Aleutian Low with high pressure lined up from Bismark to China

vX4avlu.png

I am such a virgin, this is my first post......."but don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!" ?

What I mean by that is...the very first post I made on a weather board back in Dec 2007 was on Talkweather where I barged into an ongoing thread and got into a debate with the legend himself, SD, over the ideal placement of western ridging lol, lol...which is ironic given the upcoming pattern.

Anyway, hopefully I can add to the discussion in here and not take away from it or be a distraction.

From a pattern standpoint, we've had a bit of a delay here in early Jan as the Pac Jet extension has trended stronger and farther east on the modeling. The dates I'm watching are Jan 17-18 as this is at the point where the pattern retrogrades off the E Coast a bit, and the + anomalies are at a point along the Rocky Mtn divide. I want to see how this changes over the next week (i.e. whether it moves up in time or is delayed). I don't anticipate a delay, but we'll see.

knmraxW.png

Sexy look here on Jan 19...Aleutian Low with high pressure lined up from Bismark to China

vX4avlu.png
Grit! You have made my day! So glad to have you here.

knmraxW.png

vX4avlu.png
Well damn, welcome aboard dude.

knmraxW.png

vX4avlu.png
My man Grit! Great to see you over here. Now we got the dynamic duo of Webb and Grit gents....sit back and learn.

I am such a virgin, this is my first post......."but don't call it a comeback! I've been here for years!"

knmraxW.png

vX4avlu.png

I hope you’re be a frequent poster. Welcome!! Your repetition proceeds you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knmraxW.png

vX4avlu.png
Great to have you aboard kid. Newbie novices are always welcome. Stick around and maybe pick up some pointers from the experts here. We have LOTS of experts.

:)

knmraxW.png

vX4avlu.png
I REALLY enjoy your insight....keep it up!

Back